Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunchuk really working?

Hi Cam,

I've been trying out some stuff using the Nunchuk and QComposer - but the values I'm getting are odd.

i.e. the Nunchuk Joystick when centered seems to be sending QComposer a different value each time - i would expect it to be zero. Also, if for example, X is all the way to the left, the sent value is also not constant; I'd expect something like -1 (or whatever the maximum minus value is).

The result is that the reaction in QComposer is jittery and the Nunchuk doesn't really offer much control.

Maybe I'm missing a certain setup requirement?

Hello Andy,

Are you using the OSC receiver module in Quartz Composer?

FYI this one is buggy.

I would recommend using HID as this works flawlessly.

In the Sample Patches folder there is an example called Wiimote HID Star Shine. You can use it to see how it works, it pretty straightforward anyway.

Cam

Comment

Actually I think I was using the HID from your 'Wiimote HID Star Shine' example - but I will check...

Comment

Nunchuk should work just fine.

You can easily check by opening a Quick Look window. This will show you the values received by the application. If there is anything wrong then this couldbe a potential problem.

Comment

I was having similar problems with my nunchuks that were being caused by a bad connection between them and the Wii remote (I was using 3rd party nunchuk extension leads though).

Comment

Working...
          X