Motion and Ableton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion and Ableton

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to map motion controls to the wiimote through Osculator. I'm using Ableton Live and i can easily map the buttons. How do you adjust the motion controls in Osculator to control something like a Live filter etc?

The motions should pop up in the Osculator window as the buttons do (Providing you enable the pitch, roll yaw, acceleration on the wii drawer).

Assign these to midi cc and set a value as you do with buttons.

It is easier to disable the other motions besides the one you want to assign while you do the actual mapping in live as it is hard to activate one motion only with the remote for live to read.

Comment

Thanks. I go the midi to map to motion how I want it, but do you know if there is a way i can turn on an off the motion controls by pressing another button? Like is there a was to say hold down the home button in order to use the yaw motion or something?

Comment

Hi liveLIVE,

What you want to do here is use the meta events to control the "enable" state of another event, like the one triggered by yaw in your case:

http://www.osculator.net/doc/doku.php?id=manual:latched_and_toggle_enable

Thus, you should affect a "Toggle Enable" event to the home button, and as value, choose the message were there is the yaw parameter as the target (typically "/wii/1/accels/pry [2: yaw]"). The result is every time you press the home button will toggle the yaw state to enabled or not enabled.

"Latched Enable" works the same except it temporarily invert enable state as long as you press the home button. As the events are set to enabled by default, when you press the home button, it will disable the yaw parameter. But if you want the inverse effect (activate the yaw parameter, when the home button is pressed), uncheck the enable checkbox of the yaw message.

There is also a "Latched Trigger" event that works like "Latched Enable", but is designed to work with triggered events (like notes, key combos, etc). You can use this one for example to assign different actions to a button, depending on what other button is pressed.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Awesome. Thanks so much camille. This was a big help.

Comment

Working...
          X