X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulating midi data with wii

Hi,

I use the wii to control live and like to modify some control ranges eg;

The wii's pitch is connected to an aux send. The 0-127 midi values are when the wii is pointed fully up or down. I like to narrow the range so 0 value is when the wii is horizontal and 127 is when the wii is pointed 45 degree up.

What can I use (Besides Max / PD) to modify midi data to ranges, min / max values and offset?

I also like to add a "decay" time to accelerations so an acceleration movement will produce a midi value of 80 (An example) and decay back to zero over a specified time.

I prefer to do it before entering the midi world, edit the wii data if possible.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks,

Gal

Hi Gal,

The only thing you can do is to change the scale of values.

First, I'd recommend you open a Quick Look window for the pitch message so you will see what is happening.

Go in the Scaling Page (view menu), and set 0.5 as input min, and 0.75 as input max. Both values correspond respectively to horizontal, and 45º up. Optionally check the "Cap" checkbox to avoid overhead values.

I keep your idea of an envelope generator and add it to my todo list.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thanks Camille,

Got it running, I was not aware of the scaling page..

What I have in mind is a software that acts as a controller mixer where you can combine wii (Or other) messages and set amounts / scale / offset to one controller #. On the other end you can break down this controller again and send various midi / osc controllers to the music / video softwares.

Let's say I combine 2 wii movements and 1 acceleration, mixed to affect 1 midi controller and on the other end, I assign this controller to 4 effect parameters in live, and 2 in Modul8.

Envelopes can be assigned on both ends. I would trigger an envelope with the wii acceleration message for instance.

There is no simple solution to integrate like this that I know of besides building it in Max / PD.

Best,

Gal

Comment

Working...
      X