Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Vibrate Mode

Hi all,

I was wondering whether it is possible to let the wii-mote vibrate by sending a message from osculator ? I read that it's not possible with applescript - i was wondering if there's another (OSC?) way to do it ?

thanks a lot

frank

Hi Frank,

Yes you can definitely do that:

Send any OSC message with a numeric argument to OSCulator.

Setup this message with a Wiimote Vibrate event, and select the slot of the Wiimote currently connected.

When the argument of this message is 1 (goes over 0.5), this Wiimote will vibrate, if it goes to 0 (under 0.5) it will stop vibrating.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

that's good to know!

I seem to be too stupid to find a documentation page which explains how the OSC events should be called exactly or

how to set a "Wiimote Vibrate event" -

could you give an example or is there a documentation poage I have been missing ?

thank you

frank

Comment

Hey Frank,

It's pretty straightforward actually, the message does't need to follow a specific format, just send any message that has a numerical argument for example:

/vibrate 1.0

In the Sample Patches folder you will find an example that shows how to do that with Max/MSP. What will you be using to send OSC messages?

Cam

Comment

hi cam, thanks, that worked - i only kne wthe old sample patches. did it with max...

thanks alex

Comment

Working...
          X