monome led lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monome led lights

I am using the RC2 to get my monome 40h to work. I use monomeserial to recognize the hardware and then I use osculator to communicate with Traktor. But no LEDs light up when I press, anyone have experience with connecting a monome w. osculator?

thanks for your help.

Hi,

Unfortunately OSCulator is not very well suited to using a monome.

A monome needs incoming OSC messages to turn on or off the LEDs, so there must be some logic from the OSC application to actually do something useful with the monome's LEDs. I would recommend that you use something like Pd, Max or Processing to process the messages from your monome, and send back OSC signals that will control the LEDs in return.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hey,

You can make it much easier on yourself since Traktor sends out LED messages you can just put monomeserial in to midi mode and set yourself up a map with midi feedback to the monome.

There is a post on monome.org that a guy posted up a full traktor mapping for a 256. I created a FX version of it for a 64 from it. Take a look at the mapping and then you can see how easy it is to get the LED feedback up and running

Scroll down to the bottom of the post and you will see the files for the 64 version

Traknome

Comment

Working...
      X