Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator + Space Navigator + osX10.6 not working

Hi,

I am a bit new with this software but I heard it was rally great and amazing. Unfortunatly, I am experiencing some problem.

With OSCulator 2.9 rc2 on snow leaopard 10.6.2 I can't get data from any of my 2 space navigator. I have tried with the same devices and the same OSCulator software on Leopard 10.5.8 and it is working like a charm.

On the OSCulator page it state that it has ful compatibility with snow leopard, do any body know what is going on? I know that the devices are correctly installed since their LED are lit up,the system profiler sees them and when I press the side button the pref panel appears. That is leading me to think the problem is with OSCulator.

I want to use this setup for an installation soon, I hope I'll be able to set this thing up.

Thanks alot

Mani

Hi Mani,

I just tried osculator 2.9-rc2 on Mac OS X 10.6.2, with the latest drivers, and it automatically detects my SpaceNavigator (messages are displayed as soon as I touch the device).

The drivers I installed are with version 1.5.8, these are the latest from the 3Dconnexion website. Have you tried to use your SpaceNavigator with another software, like Google Earth?

Best,

Camille

Comment

Hi I didn't tried it with google earth but when I pressed the button the preference panel was showing up. Which means the device was interacting with the system. But I have since change for a leopard system...

Comment

As I said, please make sure you have the newest devices freshly installed. Pressing a button to open the preferences panels is not enough to draw conclusions on the fact the devices is working or not since you only rely on the driver's code with no interaction with a third party application like Google Earth.

Please note as well that when an major OS update is made, there is no guarantee that the drivers are still valid. Also, with time, manufacturers update their code and it becomes necessary to use the latest version (which is often true with Wacom's drivers for example).

Comment

Working...
        X