Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with note params for pitch and roll on the wiimote

Hi,

Ive been trying to make the wiimote work properly with modul8. I want to be able to control the videos loaded in modul8 with my wiimote. For example, rotating a video by rolling the wiimote.

The settings I got from the manual http://www.osculator.net/doc/doku.ph...d_kyma_notes&s[]=wiimote#example_2use_the_wiimote_as_a_midi_keyboa rd_with_its_own_acceleration_as_a_trigger (example 2).

The problem is that rolling or pitching the wiimote doesn't give me any output in modul8. Pitch and roll do light up green in OSCulator. I do get an output when shaking the wiimote however. I also tried regular buttons which also works fine.

What am I doing wrong ?

Coule please describe how you send data from OSCulatot to Modul8?

Comment

Wow fast reply. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Is there more then 1 way ? I started using OSCulator and modul8 after googling for a way to control a vj program with a wiimote. Ended up here http://www.corelabs.cn/site/labs/videolab/videolab-projects/wiimote

I'm very new with all this as you probably guessed already.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

From what I can see in the tutorial, there is no control assigned to any of the attitude angles.

Maybe you should try to assign a MIDI CC (for example MIDI CC 15) to roll, because I guess you are not sending anything (there must be something configured with the drop down menus, these are the events, triggered by the received data).

Actually, I don't know Modul8 more than this, so I can't tell you how to receive that value in Modul8, or to assign it to a specific control …

Comment

Well its not really a tutorial just a page I found with some settings for the regular wiimote buttons but not for the motion sensors. Ive tried setting it to MIDI CC but same story. The weird thing is, about a month ago I was also experimenting with this and I did manage to get it to work. I saved the settings in OSCulator for later use. But now it doesn't seem to work anymore. I used the note parameters back then aswell.

I don't think its a problem with modul8 by the way. Ive tried other programs aswell (resolume). But if you you a better program that might be easier to set up please tell me

Thanks for your fast replies by the way

Comment

Working...
          X