Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii - Parallel Smoothing Amounts Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii - Parallel Smoothing Amounts Possible?

Hi there,

Is there any way to simultaneously send values from the same input from the wii, with different amounts of smoothing?

For example, could I take the xyz input, smooth it to 80, and send those values as one event type, while simultaneously sending another stream from the xyz input, smoothed at 20, as a different event?

I'm guessing not as there is only one set of smoothing controls, and the events are assigned after the smoothing. I can imagine the GUI would get pretty messy pretty quick if these values were all assigned afterwards! Is there a way to duplicate the bluetooth address, so that my wiimote showing up as #1 could also send the exact same data to #2?

Thanks in advance,

Damian

Hi Damian,

No, I chose to have only global controls for smoothing to keep the user interface clean.

In a future version I have plans in head to allow for independent smoothing, but I am not there yet.

Since you are using Max, I would suggest you set smoothing to 0 (except if you are using the MotionPlus, you should keep it at 50, that will be documented soon) and apply smoothing inside you Max patch.

Cam

Comment

Thanks a million - I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on!

Comment

Working...
      X