Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting multiple values incrementally

HI all,

in the Osculator main window is there a way to select for instance, multiple Osculator messages that could then all be assigned to sequentially numbered Values...

I know that you can shift-select multiples messages and assign them to the same type of outgoing message(like MIDI cc's) but it would be very useful to then be able to assign the cc numbers all at once to sequentially rising numbers. This would greatly reduce the RSI from having to select each messages value individually!

Thanks for a very useful utility,

AL

p.s. I am using OSCulator with TouchOSC and Ableton 8 on a 2.8 quad core MAcPro OSX 10.5.8

....I did a demonstration for some school kids and the IPOD Touch control of a rocking backing track and live looper scene was very well-received!

Hi MisterAlan,

I had this interesting request from another user as well.

I think it would be useful, however I'm thinking about how to do this properly.

Not every event types are sequential, although there are many that can apply to this.

Do you have an idea how to implement that feature?

I though that holding the Option key while assigning an event would increment the next assignments. This would be unobstrusive, and would not require a user interface change, but that sounds a bit like a trick to me since you would have to know in advance that the Option key has to be pressed …

Well, I'll think about this and try to find a nice way to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,

Cam

Comment

HI Camille,

I think that holding the option key while accessing the pull down value section of multiple selected messages would be quite straightforward.. Protools has this type of UI control and it is very important when you need to work with any large number of sequential value settings...Like when assigning 64 track outputs each to their own D/A and finally each to it's own input of an SSL G-Series console!

Thanks so much and I can't wait as this will really help in creating new tweaked setups with OSCulator and TouchOSC!

This new territory and it's process are served well by being able to keep starting over and quickly getting a new idea and layout up and running to learn what is useful!

-Thanks,

AL

Comment

Working...
      X