X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Nunchuck solution?

Hi people!

How are wii today?

I just got two Wireless Nunchucks delivered that I'm about to mount on a violin and cello, but I can't get the darn thing to sync up/pair up with the Wiimote or with Osculator. It's hard to know where the problem lies since the user manual for the nunchuck is a bit vague. I found a post from 6 months ago where camille had found a solution for his wireless but I could not find any more info about it. The nunchucks I have bought are from Logic3.

Did I just waste 60$ or is there a way to get the nunchucks working?

Regards

Wrench

Edit:

I concluded that it's paired with the Wiimote, though no data is coming through. Strangely any push of a button on the actual Wiimote generates heaps of latency and no tilt data is longer being recieved.

Hi Wrench,

I have the Nyko Wireless Nunchuk and it is working fine.

But there's a catch, with some luck it will work for you:

- Connect the Wiimote first, without any extension attached.

- Wait for the message to flow in.

- Then plug the Wireless Nunchuk base into the Wiimote.

Let me know if that works for you.

I have not found a way to avoid that extra step.

(and I will document that issue in the manual.)

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thanks for your reply Camille!

Alas, that did not work for me.

Pairing with Osculator, data flowing in.

Inserting dongle, dongle flashes. data still coming.

Powering on nunchuk, nothing happens.

Pressing force connection pairing, nunchuk flashes, dongle flashes, wiimote data gets delayed at least 2 seconds and accels not working anymore. No data from nunchuck, though however when I push the buttons on the chuk, the dongle sometimes flashes when buttons depressed.

What do you make of it? It says in the manual that the wiimote needs to be connected to the Wii for the first time pairing to work, but connection to Osculator would give the same result, no?

This is so typical. Last project was an IR-glove with lights on the fingertips and my first Chinese Wiimote could only track 2 dots while the original Nintendo one did the job flawlessly. I need to stop buying third party stuff and stick with the program. As a Wii-whiz, do you reckon one could snip the cable off an actual Wii Nunchuk and extend it with a couple of meters of cord?

Cheers

W

Comment

Could you please tell me what is brand and model of your Nunchuk?

I'll see what I can do.

Comment

For sure!

As mentioned above they are manufactured by Logic3. http://www.logic3.com/details/?prod=497

I also found this link that might be of interest.

http://www.brianpeek.com/forums/t/990.aspx

Thanks for helping out Cam!

Comment

Ah sorry! I've first looked at Logic3 website too fast.

I didn't understand they were actually making nunchuks.

The finding you made on Brian Peek's website is interesting.

May I send you a debug build to see if we have the same symptoms?

Like Brian, I'm suspicious about the hack the other user has found to make the Logic3 nunchuk work. Anyway, we'll see!

Best,

Cam

Comment

Please do!

jonas.kjellberg (at) wrench.se

If you can figure this out, great.

If I can help you figure this out, even better!

Btw, my Chinese Wiimote acts up in the exact same way.

Jonas

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problems than Jonas with my wirless nunchuck. Mine are "i-con" one:

http://www.i-con-products.com/products/view/52

When I use my "original" wiimote: I have no problem, but when I connect the nunchuck dongle, and press the sync button: no data arrived anymore. I try it with another softer than osculator (darwiin) and the same problem. I test the nunchuck with a wii console and it works.. so this is not a hardware problem.

I use OSCulator on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard.

if the problem will not be solve soon, do you know brand of wirless nunchuck that works with OSCulator?

thank you for your help

Alain

Comment

Bonjour Alain,

It is hard to tell exactly what brand does work and which one doesn't.

I had success with a Nyko Kama Wireless Nunchuk.

There is no official documentation for the Wiimote, and definitely no documentation for third party products, so I am not sure wether I will be able to fix anything soon, but I will keep an eye on this problem.

Maybe before trying another model, you could try in the latest version of OSCulator, 2.9.3 released yesterday.

Cam

Comment

Bonjour Alain,

It is hard to tell exactly what brand does work and which one doesn't.

I had success with a Nyko Kama Wireless Nunchuk.

There is no official documentation for the Wiimote, and definitely no documentation for third party products, so I am not sure wether I will be able to fix anything soon, but I will keep an eye on this problem.

Maybe before trying another model, you could try in the latest version of OSCulator, 2.9.3 released yesterday.

Cam

Comment

Working...
                    X