Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note On/Off as the same note twice?

Dear Camille,

Fantastic work, I love being able to control with a wiimote, it's great. Very quickly, what I want to do is use the trigger on the wiimote to switch on an off effects in ableton (7), but as a latched event (i.e. when I release the trigger, it switches off the effect). i could only do this by sending note on off as the same midi note, but i can't fin a note off parameter in OSCulator. It's not a massive issue, it'd just be a really, really good feature.

Thanks again

Chris

Hi Chris,

As you noticed, there is currently no way to toggle on and off a single note.

This will be addressed in a future release.

Right now what you can do is use a control change instead of a note.

There is a special kind of event "MIDI CC Toggle" you can use (it will be no longer useful after the next release).

Simply assign this event to the button you want to use to toggle the effect on or off, and give it a control change value.

In Live, use the standard MIDI Learn function to map this control change to a parameter in your session.

Hint: Just make sure that during MIDI Learn, this is the only control change being sent: If you are using accelerometers events to send control changes as well, you might want to set your button to solo mode (in the Routing menu, choose Solo). Use Solo again to revert the "enable" checkboxes back to the state they had before.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Working...
    X