Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate

Hi Camille,

When you duplicate a message, is it possible to send one as midi (controlling parameters in Ableton) and the other one as OSC (for visual feedback on ipod)? Not sure if I m doing something wrong, but if I send one as midi, it stops sending the OSC one.

Thks

Hi Eric,

Yes, duplicate messages are all processed, if the enable checkbox (first column) is checked.

Out of curiosity, what would you like to do with the OSC message?

Cam

Comment

OK, I found what was wrong. I was doing this instead of that...

In a nutshell, we are doing an interactive audio-visual installation (using a dome, 360 degree projectors and a quadrophonic audio system) where Wiimotes embedded in objects will allow the public to control various sound/image parameters.

Now, I m using Ableton live & Max for Live (M4L) to generate/modulate sound, and OSCulator as a "message hub".

So, Wiimotes ---> Osculator --OSC--> M4L (Wiimote data converted to control various effect parameters in ableton) ---OSC---> Osculator ---MIDI---> Ableton

Yes, ableton cannot handle OSC and M4L cannot directly send midi to Ableton (or so I understand...).

As I would like to monitor the system without having to stand next to laptops, I thought of duplicating the midi messages and forwarding them as OSC (after re-scaling them )to the ipod.

Comment

Hey Eric,

That sounds great.

Please keep me up to date about your project.

If you need more help, you know where to say hello.

About the problem you had:

Routing an OSC message on an argument instead of on the message itself will cause the routed address to be rewritten. In your case, you were expecting messages like /wii/2/button/B, but you really had /wii/2/button/0. I can go into a lengthy discussion on why it is so mainly to avoid feedback loops), but you don't want to ask me really :-)

Glad you found the solution!

Cam

Comment

Working...
        X