Wiimote drum kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote drum kit help

Hi there, this may be a very simple problem, but i cannot work it out...

I have set up my Wii remote plugged into the Band hero drum kit through Osculator and assigned velocity and midi notes to the pads. In Logic (8), it is recognising the incoming midi notes, but nothing plays. 'Midi out' in the transport remains 'no out' throughout.

Is it obvious what i am doing wrong? Other midi controllers work absolutely fine, but when they play, midi out shows parameters.

Any ideas?

Hey Adam,

He he, it's not really clear what's happening wrong.

When you say that it is recognizing the incoming Midi notes, what do you mean exactly?

If you are sending Midi Notes from OSCulator to Logic, I don't think Logic's Midi Out monitor should show anything, rather the Midi In. Anyway I'm not sure, and right now I'm not in front of Logic.

It may sound obvious, but have you tried to check the Midi Port and Channel on which you were sending the notes?

Also, if Logic receives Midi data, it may be of interest to see what it is able to record, go in the event list (Command-0) and see exactly what has been recorded.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Well... that was embarrassing. I had set all the paramaters to minus figures, where there were no notes in the software instrument.

I had set it up C-1, E-1 etc, thinking that that meant C1.

I am a fool.

Thanks for trying to help me, but there is no helping some people. Buying the software now. Love it!

Comment

Ah ah!

Good to know, indeed.

Comment

Working...
        X