Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator + animata + Wiimote

Hello!

I am trying to move a puppet by moving a joint in animata through wiimote and osculator. The problem is that I cannot achieve that.

I have named a joint with the name "ControlPoint" in animata, I have set the right port (7110) and I want to use an osc message

using the following syntax: /joint name(string) x(float) y(float)

Any help?

Hi,

You will need to create a custom routing with the pattern you described.

Go in the Parameters Window, OSC tab and add a new routing. Click on the pen button to edit it, and change the address to /joint.

In the arguments field, type the name of the joint and press space to confirm the string token. Also you will need to add two variables. Add the first one var[0], and a second one but this time hover your moose over the second var[0] token and change the index to 1.

With this routing created, now assign two Events of type "Variables" to the values that you want for var[0] and var[1], respectively Variable 0 and Variable 1.

Finally, assign a "OSC Routing" event to the /wii/1/accel/pry event (the main one, not a bus argument) to ensure this message will be sent every time new acceleration values are sent. Alternatively, if you assign this event to a button, it will be sent only when the button state changes … you get the idea.

If you need any more details, please feel free to let me know.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for your response! I (think that I) have done what you said, but I'm still not succesful. Here is an image if this can help you.

(in the background is animata with the puppet I want to move)

Andreas

Comment

Hey Andreas,

What you've done looks good.

You can try to check the destination port to make sure

it's alright. Also since the OSC pattern you have described expects floats you can try to force the var arguments to

floats (change the type the same way you have changed the token indices).

If you don't manage to make it work I'll have a look at your animata file. Feel

free to send it to camille at osculator dot net.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Something I am doing wrong so I have sent you both files. Thank you so much for your willing to help!

Andreas

Comment

Hey Andreas,

Could you please try sending them again?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Cam!

I have sent you the files again!

Thank you!

Comment

I saw you mail and I don't know why you can't see mine (from that account I sent you the files). This time I have sent you the

files from an other mail account I have. Let's see!

Andreas

Comment

it worked, thanks !

more news soon …

Comment

Nice!

Comment

osculator and animata

hi folks
                      i (stupid, no coder, no general knowledge on"strings, tokens arguments" etc.) am trying almost the same like andreas: to connect animata via osculator, and am facing the same problems :
                      how to get the propriate data out? (input from i.e. touch osc, seems no prob -> "led" green)

i need to output:

Moving a joint, x and y are float values:
                      /joint name x y

Control the length of a bone, value is a float between 0 and 1:
                      /anibone name value

Set the transparency of the layer, value is a float between 0 and 1:
                      /layeralpha name value

how to send these from an osc patch?
                      does anybody have a sample patch?

sorry and thanx
                      michi

Comment

Hi Michi,

Can you please give some details on what are X, Y and value?
                        I can make you a sample document if you want.

Best,
                        Cam

Comment

Hi camille
                          thanx a lot for your concern
                          would be great to have a sample

Bone:
                          the `anibone´named "band4" (band(1-xx)) is shown as Lm: the value goes from 0.00 to 2.00
                          layeralpha.jpganibone.jpgjoint"benny1".jpg

Joint:
                          the `joint´named "benny1" has the position x 407.519 (value goes to much bigger numbers and also negativ ones) and y 407.427

layeralpha value goes from 0.000 to 1.000

these are the animata variables i could find on the net...

Re: [animata-users] osc from animata?
                          Matti Niinimäki
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 06:02:47 -0700
                          Animata is able to send the position (x and y as floats) of each joint. This is
                          done by turning on the little OSC checkbox you see when you selet a joint.

The message format is /joint name x y
                          The port is 7111

I don't know how to receive OSC in VVVV since I don't use it, but it should be
                          fairly simple.

Matti

Animata receives the messages automatically, if you have everything set-up
                          correctly on the sending side. Animata is constantly listening to incoming
                          messages on port 7110.

For example, you want to move a joint with osc. This is what you do:

- Name the joint in animata. For example, call it "animate"
                          - Then you need to send an osc message in this format: /joint animate 104.5
                          250.8 (the name is a string and the x and y values are floats)
                          - the port has to be 7110

sorry again

best michi

Comment

Hey Michi,

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you want to do exactly.

Are you using the Wiimote?
                            You posted in the Wiimote forum, so I made the assumption that you wanted to do similiar to the OP.

If not, I would suggest you have a look at how to configure an OSC Routing.
                            The forum has LOTs of threads about this, and this is fairly easy to use.
                            Once you have a better idea of the problem, please feel free to post again!

Cheers,
                            Cam

Comment

hi cam
                              my truble is: i don't get the data described above in animata. i searched around quite a while before bothering. i ended up in the wii-forum because it's the only thread on how to get data to animata. as input i use touch osc and i've got no trouble to get the data in osculator. maybe you still have the patch that functioned with andreas and i could get orientation from there. thanxs michi

Comment

Working...
                              X