Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demuxed message won't "Split"

Hi all,

I am using Osculator and SooperLooper and I have come across a situation where I have Demuxed a message in this case named /sl/0/ctrl from Sl I then demuxed the 'state' message that is a subset of the /sl/0/ctrl message. My problem is that with a quicklook at message 2 I can clearly se a short lo to hi back to lo change but when I split the message named 2 the lo hi events will not trigger.

I have included a screen shot that may clarify what I am talking about...

Thanks

Al

Yes, I think you have found a bug.

I will come back to you with a solution in a short while.

Comment

Hey Al,

After a close examination of this issue, I found that the problem is twofold.

#1. There is a bug that prevents the spike event from propagating to the first action of the state/2 (namely
      Code:
      /sl/0/ctrl state/2:0
      ).

#2. However, even if this bug was corrected, none of the split actions would ever fire, here's why :

- When state/2 changes to 1, the lo split discards the value (1) because it doesn't fall into the range [0 0.5] and cap is enabled.

- When state/2 changes back to 0, the high split now discards the value (0) because it doesn't fall into the range [0.5 1] and cap is enabled.

Thus, because of their scalings, both lo and hi are always 0.

I don't know what you want to achieve, but if you want to see some state change in lo or hi, I would recommend you go in the scalings page, and uncheck the cap properties.

I will send you an fixed version for the problem #1, so you can try something for #2.

Wow, that was a tricky one!

Comment

HI Cam,

yes the transient state change is now being pickup up by Osculator, thanks.

I am trying to get the Record state of Sooperlooper to turn on a Led in touch OSC... and obviously thus far all I have been able to get is an short Led flash in TouchOSC(corresponding to the spike event)

I guess what I would need is an OSC rewrite that would toggle state with the momentary event input.

Thanks,

AL

multiple values incrementally... right on!!

Comment

Hi Alan,

The ability to toggle on and off "something" will be added in the next release.

I will keep you updated on that subject.

Cam

Comment

Working...
          X