PDA

View Full Version : Wacom tablet erratic only on X axis

ronin
03-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Hi there,

Am trying out the demo with a Wacom Intuous3 tablet and I am getting an erratic input along the x axis using both the standard pen and the art pen.

It seems to be operating fine along the y axis. I am gathering this from the activity lights in OSCulator and also when I am sending OSC info to VDMX VJ software.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help,

Nk

camille
03-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey Ronin,

Could you please check if you are using the latest drivers?

I am using drivers version 6.1.3-3 on an Intuos 3 and it seems to work well.

Best,

Cam

ronin
03-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I'm using even slightly newer drivers 6.1.4-2 and it works as expected in other usages.

Ronin

camille
03-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'll update to this version and see if I can reproduce the problem.

camille
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Hello Ronin,

I updated to the same version as you, and I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Could you please provide me with more information, like a screenshot, and/or a list of steps to follow?

It would be useful to know how you are sending data to VDMX, maybe there is a mis-configuration.

Thank you.

Camille

ronin
03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Bah, wouldn't you know it... today it is working as expected. Still, the process I did was to open VDMX first and then setup just the x and y axis in OSCulator as OSC Routing with value of *mac VDMX 1

In VDMX I then set a couple of controls to Start OSC Detect.

Thanks for your help - if I can reproduce the problem in the future I will get in touch with more info,

Ronin

camille
03-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Thank you Ronin.