Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote to Max/MSP help

Hi,

This is more of a Max/MSP query, however it is relevant as it is using the Wiimote to Max patch included with the OSCulator download...

I'm having trouble with the Wiimote to Max/MSP patch. When packaging the Max patch as an application, the application crashes on opening. The offending object is the 'udpreceive', as it is fine without this. Has anybody else experienced this problem using OSCulators Max patch as an application? And does anybody know of a solution. I need to build the patch as an app. because I need to include several external objects.

Thanks.

Hi Nnd,

I have not heard of this problem …

Could you please tell me what version of Max you are using?

This way I could try to reproduce the problem.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am using Max 5, version 5.0.2 to be specific. To be clear, the problem occurs when the patch is built as an application. As soon as this app. is launched, it crashes. And when I take out the UDPreceive object and build the application, it opens fine.

Not sure what the problem is at all. Could be the object itself, or possibly a bad value the object is receiving from OSCulator?

Again, many thanks. No worries if you cant find a solution.

Cheers,

Nnd.

Comment

It seems you have found that udpreceive had a problem.

When Max patches are bundled in application, they are not running the exact same environment as when it is running in the host application (Max). I think you should try to update Max: I have Max/MSP 5.1.3, there has been a ton of bugfixes since 5.0.2.

Comment

Working...
        X