Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceNavigator issue with Osculator versions greater than 2.5.6

Hi,

I really love Osculator and want to purchase it for a project, however I'm unable to use the newest version due to jittery and inconsistent values coming back. I have both the newest version of the 3dconnexion drivers as well as the newest Osculator. I've tried calibrating as well as the provided tech demos and they are fine.

The strange thing is that I have an old version from 2008 (Version 2.5.6 (20080302)) and it works flawlessly with the SpaceNavigator I have.

Upgrading to the newest version causes erroneous rotation information to be sent via OSC. It's almost as if it's polling the driver faster than the hardware can provide the data. This is causing jittering in the translation and rotation data.

I have a SpaceTraveler3 USB (older). I would love to use Osculator, but may have to resort to hooking directly into the SDK via C++.

Is there a known solution for this?

cheers and thanks in advance!

James

Hey James,

This sounds like a serious problem.

I will look into that problem very soon, thanks for letting me know.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam - and great work on Osculator, by the way! Let me know if you need someone to test, I'd be more than willing to test out a few builds or send debug info to help nail down the problem.

cheers,

James

Comment

Hi James,

Good news.

At first I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but after reinstalling the latest driver on my machine, I could see the problem. Osculator can handle several SpaceNavigators connected since a fairly recent version, but a wrong check was preventing some data to be sent. It seems I have solved the problem.

I am going to send you a build, let me if that works for you, thanks!

Best,

Cam

Comment

i would be interested in this as well. i've encountered the same problem while trying to get translation data (rotation seems fine).

Comment

Sure, drop me an email and I'll send you the beta build.

Comment

Working...
            X