Midi CC and sub bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi CC and sub bank?

Hello there and thanks for the nicest app for osx!

I wonder if and how i could control sub banks in midi cc with osculator. Here it is

I want to change presets on my voice live from a wiimote. The best thing would be if osculator could raise the sub bank nr. with arrow up and lower the sub bank nr with arrow down on the mote...

All the best.

Hey Eurotrash,

It's not exactly easy to do that directly from OSCulator.

The way MIDI control changes are handled do not make it convenient for selecting a precise value.

Moreover, there is no current way of incrementing a MIDI value (but I'm working on this).

If you are using Live, I would suggest you do just what is described in the VoiceLive support page, and use Live's MIDI learn function to map something that will trigger the clip (you can use any of a Note, a CC or a Program Change).

Another solution would be to use Program Changes ("MIDI Prg" in the "Event Type" menu). Assign a MIDI Prg to a button and when you send that message, the program will be recalled on your device. If you use this solution: there are two things to consider:

1. You will only be able to access the first 128 programs

2. You will need to "pipe" Osculator's output to your device's input. For this, use a program like MIDI Patchbay or MIDI Pipe. (again, I'm working on that one too, in a future version of Osculator, there will be no need for those programs).

I hope this helps.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Another solution would be to use Program Changes ("MIDI Prg" in the "Event Type" menu). Assign a MIDI Prg to a button and when you send that message, the program will be recalled on your device. If you use this solution: there are two things to consider:

1. You will only be able to access the first 128 programs

Thanks but then i would need 128 different keys to press, or? Is it possible to Press a arrow up and the osculator increases the value of the program change and press arrow down to make it decrease? Then i would only need two keys to press... like the event type "presets"

Regards

Comment

Sorry, but there is no way of incrementing a MIDI value. This is somethig I am working on though.

Comment

Good, you are a star Cam! Always developing new ideas to reality...

Now that i've seen the event type "presets" i wonder if that can halp me to do what i want.

Here is a part from the manual or my pedal:

(Preset select)

But my pedal does not seem to get the signals. Where do i choose chanel or application to control?

Peace.

Comment

Dear Eurotrash,

It turns out there is a solution to cycle through Program Changes, but I didn't think about this solution earlier!

The idea is to use a combination of Preset Next/Previous, and Program Changes.

Here is a document you can download that shows how to do that. This document simply maps Program Changes 1, 2 and 3, but you can modify it to easily suit your needs. Download it here.

To send those Program Changes to your pedal, you must use another application called MIDI Patchbay. Launch MIDI Patchbay, select "OSCulator Out" for MIDI Input, and your physical MIDI interface output for "MIDI Output".

In a future version of OSCulator, you will not need MIDI Patchbay, but in order to send MIDI to a physical interface this is the only way right now.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Sweet. Just awsome.

Just one thing thou. I use the latched trigger event with B and arrow up. And it seemt it gets stuck on holding B even after releasing it!? And another question. When pressing ex. A on the wiimote, how can i make osculator to hold this midinote and the release it next time i press the same key? So i dont need to hold it my self...

All the best.

Comment

About the Latch Trigger: have you followed the way it is used in the "Wii Guitar Example" file? Maybe the best would be to send me your document by email.

About the note hold: sorry, this is not possible right now. A future update will a more generalized way of switching things, and will render Latched/Toggle Enable obsolete.

Cheers,

Cam

Comment

Working...
                X