wiimote emulator problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiimote emulator problem

when i use the preset "BSNES Wiimote" for example the buttons on the wiimote work just fine in the finder(i can select the different icons on my desktop).

but when i launch an emulator(for example BSNES) these buttons do nothing... i don´t understand why.

this used to work just fine on my macbook pro. i´m on my new imac 27, but that can´t be the problem!?

any ideas?

Since youhave changed your computer and that you can see that the keystrokes are happening, I think the problem is that your game is not configured properly. I would advise that you go in BSNES' prefs and check that the keys are well assigned to virtual gamepads buttons.

Comment

i checked the keyboard configuration of the emulator. the emulator does respond to the keystrokes on my keyboard. but it won´t respond to the same virtual keystrokes via the wiimote, altho every other application does respond fine(like the finder for example).

it´s so strange... and it is the case with every emulator i have tried.

Comment

This is correct, I am experiencing the same problems as you did.

That's a bummer …

It seems Mac OS 10.6.3 has a bug in the way it posts keyboard events.

I have seen several developers complaining about this problem.

Also, I have tested under 10.5.8 and it works well, so there is definitely something different under 10.6.3.

I will file a bug to Apple and see if they have a fix to suggest, or (fingers crossed) let's hope this will be fixed under 10.6.4.

Comment

Update: I found a solution that should work for both Leopard and Snow Leopard.

The fix will be included in the next release that I will release this evening.

Comment

thanks so much for looking into this!

and thanks for your superfast response to this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X