Launchpad issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launchpad issue

I am successfully controlling Ableton Live via my iPhone. The problem is though, that my two Novation Launchpads absolutely freak out and start flashing yellow and become completely useless. Not sure what I am doing wrong. How do I run additional MIDI controllers without interference from Osculator? Sorry if this was a dumb question!

Hey JM,

It seems that unwanted MIDI is routed to your Launchpads.

To be honest, I don't think OSCulator could introduce some kind of interference with other gear, so I suspect there might be something wrong in your setup. Actually OSCulator sends and receive MIDI via its own ports, so if your Launchpads receive MIDI from OSCulator, that mean some software is routing MIDI from OSCulator to them.

If you can give a little more details on your setup, it would be helpful. I believe you are using Live, so can you post a screenshot of the MIDI Preferences?

It would be nice to have the feedback of another Launchpad user as well.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi!

I just installed TouchOSC -> Osculator -> Ableton Live, and I have the same problem that JM described. I'm using default settings with Simple preset. Routing is working both ways: while moving fader on TouchOSC you can see Launchpad changes. Still there is a problem:

After pulling one of the faders to the maximum launchpad goes all orange.
      After pulling one of the faders to the minimum launchpad goes black (lights turn off).

Do you have any solution or hints for the problem?

Regards,
      Mateusz

[EDIT] The problem seems to apply only to Messages with Value set to 0. To be clear, for Simple preset:
      Event Type: MIDI CC
      Value: 0
      Channel: 1
      Moving this fader max or min position produces launchpad error.

Workaround: Change Value to some other not used Value.
      Last edited by M471; 12-26-2010, 04:54 AM. Reason: Found workaround for the problem

Comment

Hi M471,

Some MIDI programs treat some Control Changes in particular ways.
        For example Apple Logic's MIDI CC 7 is hard wired by default to volume change where the channel selects the desired track.
        As you found out here, MIDI CC 0 must be a special value and must be avoided.

Cheers,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X