X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion plus & extension cord

Hi all,

I was wondering:

Can you use an extension cord (the one you can use between the wii remote and the nunchuk) between the motion plus and the wii remote ?

This would be useful for me to have the motion plus element independent from the wii remote.

If I hook it up this way it doesn't work though the motion plus works fine if connected directly to the wii remote.

Does this work for anybody ?

All the best

Frank

Hi all,

for some reason after I kept trying it started to work.

This lead to another question:

It seems like the orientation angles of the motion plus are connected to the values of the wii-remote -

so it seems it doesn't make sense to have the motion plus independent if I want the orientation angles, right ?

All the best, Frank

Comment

Hey Frank,

The MotionPlus brings additional sensors to the Wiimote so increase the precision of the measurement of the attitude angles. The calculations are made using the Wiimote's accelerometers readings, in conjunctions with the MotionPlus gyroscopes values. Thus, in order to work it properly it must be attached to the Wiimote because both set of sensors need to work together.

Unless you've already tried, I guess you could use a Nunchuk as it will bring you another set of attitude angles.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Working...
      X