Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbols in TouchOSC

Hi there.

My first post, Camille your work is brillant! All my questions and doubts were answered by this wonderful forum. Congratulations.

I was wondering if is there any chance to get keyboard symbols in touchOSC

example:

In the TouchOSC editor I have this: ? (up) or ? (play) but on my iPad I see this ? (question symbol). So I assume that's not allowed.

is there any solution?

Thanks.

Sorry, I know that you are not responsible for this, but I didn't found much information in Hexler.net

Comment

I bought an iPhone app called Font Browser and took a look at the "black right-pointing triangle" character. It seems this character exists and is supported on the iPhone, so my understanding is that TouchOSC doesn't transmit the Unicode character codes properly.

By the way, if you use that character in a TouchOSC layout, save the layout, and re-open it, you will notice that the triangle glyph is changed to a question mark.

Further inspection shows that accented characters are not supported either.

It seems only basic ASCII characters are supported.

Comment

"By the way, if you use that character in a TouchOSC layout, save the layout, and re-open it, you will notice that the triangle glyph is changed to a question mark."

you're right.

Ok, thanks for your ansewr

Comment

Working...
        X