Osculator not receiving messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator not receiving messages

I have an iPod touch with iOS4 now installed. Version 1.5.1 of TouchOSC. and the latest version of Osculator. TouchOSC on the phone knows when Osculator is not currently open, and Osculator doesn't give me the option of the iPod touch being the host unless TouchOSC is open. sooo...they are recognizing each other in real time. if i change the OSC input port on Osculator then TouchOSC immediately recognizes it. THE PROBLEM is that when i move a slider on any of the TouchOSC templates it's not seen at all by Osculator. the outgoing port on TouchOSC is 8000 and the input port on Osculator is also 8000. i haven't tried an ad-hoc network yet b/c the two programs obviously "see" each other right now, recognize when each other is on or off, and recognize port number changes. however any activity on TouchOSC isn't seen in Osculator. any suggestions???

firewall.....

Comment

Right, that is such an obvious thing that we often forget the most essential.

If you are using Snow Leopard, what you can do now is to add OSCulator to the list of applications that are allowed to receive data from outside of the computer. There is also an option to allow any "signed" software to receive incoming connections, and since OSCulator is signed, this can come handy.

Comment

yup, figured out adding the application works. but i did need to close then reopen the app (in case others run into same issue).

I mapped some buttons to drum triggers and it worked pretty poorly over the wifi. so i set up an ad-hoc like you have instructions for and now it's flawless. i don't notice any delay. i can't believe i only just now came across this. thank you very much. you should get a percentage of iPad sales. i'm using this on my iPod touch, but now will certainly be getting an iPad soon.

any plans for more interface options, such as physical property stuff ("bouncing balls", etc) like on the Lemur?

Comment

He he sorry, no I don't have plans because I am not the author od TouchOSC. It would be fun though to add support for OSC signals generators with physical properties.

Comment

Working...
          X