• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillBrooks
    replied
    Originally posted by camille View Post
    Please let me know if it works for you!
    camille - Thank you so much, this works perfectly! I have remote control of my sound card again

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Dear Bill,

The problem is that macOS Catalina dropped support for 32 bit executable.
    I have compiled a new version of the tool, available here.

Please let me know if it works for you!

Best,
    Camille

Leave a comment:

• BillBrooks
    replied
    camille - I've been using your script for a while under Mojave and it's been running like a dream.

I don't seem to be able to get your script to run on Catalina.

This is the error I get -

Last login: Tue Feb 9 23:27:48 on ttys000

williambrooks@Williams-MBP ~ % /Users/williambrooks/Downloads/oscltr-powermate/oscltr-powermate ; exit;

zsh: bad CPU type in executable: /Users/williambrooks/Downloads/oscltr-powermate/oscltr-powermate

Is there a simple solution to this?

Leave a comment:

• MC242
    replied
    Thank you very much for the answer, Camille! I have just updated from El Capitan to Sierra for the latest Logic Pro X version and I'm experimenting now.
    I think I will also try to connect the Powermate with the app DFader which allows to hover the mouse over a parameter and control it with an external midi controller.
    But the NRPN resolution would be a great thing.
    Also there is the OSC protocol which might be even more interesting and far more flexible.
    So maybe I'll open a new thread then naming it Using Griffin Powermate and the Powermate tool to control Logic Pro X.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Hi MC242,

Use the /powermate/rotation/bounded message, it emits values that do not wrap around.

OSCulator 3 has support for creating any kind of MIDI message you like with "MIDI Templates". It's a little but more involved than just selecting a MIDI because you have to describe the NRPN with hexadecimal values.

If you wish to know more, please open a new thread and please give information about the NRPN you would like to send a receive, I will write a small tutorial on how to make this happen.

Best,
    Cam

Leave a comment:

• MC242
    replied
    Hallo Camille! Hallo, everyone! I'm new here! I have just purchased a new Osculator 3 license.
    I got your script working fine on MacOS 10.11.6 However I have a question that will be quite simple to answer for you as the developer.
    I try to convert the Powermate rotation to Midi CC to control an automation in Logic Pro X which works.
    But when I turn the Powermate clockwise, the Midi Message goes up (or down when I turn counterclockwise) until 127 is reached and then begins at 0 again.
    How can I make this stop at a value of 127?
    And another question would be if I can also reach a finer solution with OSC or Midi NRPN. What would I have to put in the Event Type and value fields in Osculator to reach this and would Logic Pro X recognize this?

Best wishes and thanks for this great script!

Leave a comment:

• yommulator
    replied
    Originally posted by camille View Post
    Hi,

The Powermate never controls the mouse pointer. So I there is something wrong either with your operating system (have you installed a specific driver?) or the device you are connecting is not a Powermate.

Best,
    Cam
    Hi Camille,

I tried the powermate with and without the drivers installed (even on a clean mavericks install, so i can rule out the drivers being the issue).
    I think i definitely have a powermate. It might be a first generation powermate. Here is how it looks:
    Powermate.jpg
    The powermate always moves the mouse pointer (just by a tiny bit) when plugged in, even without any driver installed (tested on both my Intel Imac & PPC G5) , Maybe I have an older model Powermate ?
    It works fine though on intel & PPC mac with the latest griffin drivers installed.

As I said I can rule out drivers & OS being the issue because i did a clean install of Mavericks with no griffin drivers and that didnt work.

Cheers,

Yommulator

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Hi,

The Powermate never controls the mouse pointer. So I there is something wrong either with your operating system (have you installed a specific driver?) or the device you are connecting is not a Powermate.

Best,
    Cam

Leave a comment:

• yommulator
    replied
    Hmm strange. I did a fresh install of Mavericks (10.9.5) and Osculator (because i had recently installed the powermate official drivers and macports and other things so i thought it might have messed a bit with my powermate and/or terminal/bash). But still no luck with the osc powermate script on the 'virgin' install. I'm running an Imac late 2013 2,9Ghz I5. The script doesn't seem to detect the powermate. Mac OS recognizes it because the mouse pointer is moving when i turn the powermate and the button is passed as a mouse click. (no powermate drivers installed)

Here's my terminal output:

pc165scltr-powermate yomm$ ./oscltr-powermate
    - 20:18:35.081152 INFO: PowerMate Tool - version 1.0
    - 20:18:35.081463 INFO: This software is part of Osculator (c) Wildora, 2011.
    - 20:18:35.081471 INFO: Ready to output on port 8000, listen on port: 7999.

So no Device found as in your output ...

This showed up in dmesg: (not sure if it is related)

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TL0V kSMCKeyNotReadable(0x85) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff80e18c3000

No joy yet

Keep up the good work !

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Hi Yommulator,

I don't seem to have any problem on 10.9.5.
    Here is the output I get on my computer:

Code:
    nightfly:oscltr-powermate camille$ ./oscltr-powermate 
    - 22:41:04.018658 INFO: PowerMate Tool - version 1.0
    - 22:41:04.018803 INFO: This software is part of Osculator (c) Wildora, 2011.
    - 22:41:04.018810 INFO: Ready to output on port 8000, listen on port: 7999.
    - 22:41:12.581030 INFO: Device found:
    - 22:41:12.581060 INFO:     Vendor:  Griffin Technology, Inc.
    - 22:41:12.581105 INFO:     Product: Griffin PowerMate
    - 22:41:12.581147 INFO:     SN#:     
    ^C- 22:41:25.100403 INFO: Exit.
    And OSCulator was receiving data, I tried the example oscd file.

Cam

Leave a comment:

• yommulator
    replied
    I am trying it out on mac os 10.9 with latest osculator (2.13.2) version and it is not working. The scripts is executing ok but I am getting no response in osculator. Any hints perhaps ? I tried running the executable as root but that didn't make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Does the USB version stop sending messages when the max value is achieved? Or does it loop back around to zero?
    There is a different message for both cases, look at the dictionary in the first post.

Leave a comment:

• Naenyn
    replied
    I'd be happy to try it once I receive it this week. =)

I'm assuming it'd work the same way as the USB version...

Does the USB version stop sending messages when the max value is achieved? Or does it loop back around to zero?

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Hi Naenyn,

I don't know if this the PowerMate tool has been tested successfully with a Bluetooth PowerMate.
    This tool is free, would you like to try?

Camille

Leave a comment:

• Naenyn
    replied
    I'm very curious about this. I recently purchased a PowerMate Bluetooth and am looking for a way to get MIDI CC out of it. Should this work with the bluetooth version?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X