logarithmic mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logarithmic mapping

Apologies if this is already possible, and I haven't worked out how.

Arbitrary mathematical operations on values would be ideal, and seems to have been requested a number of times. But failing that, a preset logarithmic option on the scaling page would be very handy for mapping a slider value to a gain value on an audio mixer, so that the slider responded like a normal audio fader. Essentially it would map the Midi 0-127 range to the -inf (probably -100 would do) to +10 range matching the markings on many Midi faders.

Hi,
    I have the same problem.
    I'm Trying to map APC40Mk2 to remote OSC capable soundcard MOTU Ultralite AVB. Everything works fine, but when I move the slider for 2mm up from zero on the MOTU mixer fader jumps from 0 to half of range.
    Is it any way to make it linear? In this way it almost unusable.

Comment

If you "Flip to Scalings Page" from the "View" menu, you can change the overall OSC range that Midi 0-127 maps to. Don't know if you have already done this.

My issue is that I am mapping a fader to gain values from 0 to -100 which are applied (I believe) in dB. So when my fader is half way down, the gain is at -50dB which way more than half way to faded right out on a log scale.

Comment

I have tried this ... the full range on MOTU is 0 - 4 , with this range I have full fader movement.
        When I give for example 0 - 0,5 I can see fine movement but only on small part of OSC fader.
        I think your problem is the same.
        The solution for now could be to Edit > Split original CC fader source to ranges with different min max resolutions for example 1st range on CC could be 0-10 and map it on OSC to 0-0.1 and second range 11-20 map on OSC 0.1-0.5 and so on until 127 on midi side and in my case 4 on OSC

Comment

Working...
        X