Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Silicon version of OSCulator?

Hi,
    I'm a happy user of OSCulator and since a few months I'm working on an new M1pro-equipped MacBook Pro. For now OSCulator works fine thorugh Rosetta2, but I guess this is not future-proof (at least not for the longterm). So, are there any plans to create an Apple Silicon version of this great piece of software? I hope so...
    If I may speak for my own: I have no problem paying extra for such a version.
    If there are no plans (please let me/us know too!), than I'm probably going to migrate slowly towards something like python, but I prefer not to.

Kind regards,
    Steven

I'm in the same boat, any update on whether or not we can expect an M1 native version would be great.

Comment

Hi Andrew,
      Not to worry, a native M1 port is in the works

Best,
      Camille

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
        Hi Andrew,

Best,
        Camille
        Fantastic news! thank you

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Best,
          Camille
          Wow, great news. Thx!!
          And not to be impatient or rude:
          @Camille: any rough idea on when to expect the Apple Silicon version?
          Kinde regards, Steven

Comment

Hi Steven,

Right now, the port I have is functional except the following:
            - Virtual HID needs to be rewritten for the new DriverKit.
            - Some code has been marked as obsolete by Apple and needs to be updated, although this is not a hard requirement right now.
            - I have to make some tests on a M1 machine (I have one).

Please note that with macOS Monterey 12.4, it is still impossible to pair a Wiimote. It does not matter wether you have an Intel or a Apple CPU. The bug is in Apple's IOBluetooth layer. I have an idea for a workaround, but still need to implement it.

If you would like to try, I will be happy to send you a beta build.

Best,
            Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,
              That looks great!
              I'm happy to test, so you can send me the beta (via mail@stevenhenrymusic.com).I mostly use OSCulator to connect several devices (no Wiimotes or virtual HIDs) and route osc- and midi-data to some scripts and ableton live.
              Kind regards, Steven

Comment

Hi Camille!

Any update on that workaround for Wiimote pairing? I would love to beta test if you have implemented it. If not then I'll downgrade to Big Sur

Thanks,
                Jordan

Comment

The porting to M1 native is really great news !
                  Does it feature the Logic Pro plugin too ? (You told me that it would require not a porting but a complete change in architecture...)

Comment

Hi Camille,
                    Last year (about 9 months ago already) we discussed the Apple Silicon version of Osculator and you gave me (us) some hopeful news. But, since august it has been quiet

Comment

Hi Camille,

I miss using Osculator, having moved to an M1 mac. Would you be able to share a Logic Pro Plugin that would work with Apple Silicon?

Thanks
                      Stuart

Comment

Following this thread now that I'm on an M2 mac. Sorry to hear Logic has moved the bar on you!

I will use Logic in Rosetta for now.
                        Last edited by ASCap; 08-04-2023, 08:06 PM.
                        Logic 10.7.9 | OSCulator 3.4.3 | TouchOSC 1.2.2 | Mac Studio M2 | Ventura 13.4.1

Comment

Hi Steven,

Right now, the port I have is functional except the following:
                          - Virtual HID needs to be rewritten for the new DriverKit.
                          - Some code has been marked as obsolete by Apple and needs to be updated, although this is not a hard requirement right now.
                          - I have to make some tests on a M1 machine (I have one).

Please note that with macOS Monterey 12.4, it is still impossible to pair a Wiimote. It does not matter wether you have an Intel or a Apple CPU. The bug is in Apple's IOBluetooth layer. I have an idea for a workaround, but still need to implement it.

If you would like to try, I will be happy to send you a beta build.

Best,
                          Cam
                          Any luck with the workaround? I'm on a newer Mac, hoping I can get some high-res OSC input goodness

Comment

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround.
                            I can send you an Apple Silicon preview build though.
                            Let me know.

Best,
                            Camille

Comment

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround.
                              I can send you an Apple Silicon preview build though.
                              Let me know.

Best,
                              Camille
                              If I were to get a Dolphin Bar, would OSCulator work with it?

https://www.flashbackltd.com/products/mayflash-sensor-dolphin-bar-for-wii-remote-wireless-controller-emulator-windows?currency=USD&variant=31422544052281&utm_me dium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20S hopping&cmp_id=17759794729&adg_id=&kwd=&device=c&g ad=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9fqnBhDSARIsAHlcQYQJVuA9jSi_V6H 48ExKXjYlOujAV7zVuFLwq1-IzXEsNGVEgPiRiFEaAm5FEALw_wcB

EDIT: Sorry, you already explained why this wouldn't work here:

I'm having issues connecting the Wii Mote. The default apple bluetooth prompt forces a passkey which is never accepted. I read in this wiki that the passkey can be figured out if the address is known, and then deciphered from there: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote Any updates on how to make this happen? I'd like to use it

Thanks for breaking this, Apple, ugggh
                              Last edited by Dan Sullivan; 09-11-2023, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X