Processing 3 midi messages to 1 OSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing 3 midi messages to 1 OSC

Hey there I'm trying to control an atem video switcher with an older video mixer by mapping the midi messages to osc. I'm trying to do this whilst being terminally stupid. The older mixer has 4 banks of 4 buttons. The new switcher has 2 banks of 8. When I hit one of the buttons in the old switcher it sends 3 midi messages - 2 control messages and 1 program. The first control message specifies which bank I'm using - the second control message is identical no matter which button I press. The program message specifies which particular button in the bank I've pressed.

I figured I can demux that program message and get which button I've pressed and send the appropriate osc message BUT I can only select the first 4 buttons on the new mixer doing that. How do I factor in the value of the first control message?

Any tips would be awesome - I feel like it is easy to do but I'm just not smart

Thanks

Hello,

I think you could use the "Enable Toggle" functionnality.
    For each of the 4 program message (identifying the button 1, 2, 3, or 4), you associate 4 messages (one for each bank). So you have 16 mapping lines.
    But you activate (the blue square at the left) only the first bank message.
    Then, you associate for each bank message 16 "Enable Toggle" messages, that will toggle the 16 previous mapping line.

Hope that it help.

Comment

Thanks FunkyChris

I finally think I'm understanding this - however I had better results just using the "Enable" rather than enable toggle. I'll keep working on it thanks

Comment

Working...
      X