Can't receive any events from Space Navigator / Space Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't receive any events from Space Navigator / Space Mouse

I have two Macs (one running Mojave, one Catalina) with Osculator and a Space Mouse (Space Navigator) installed. On both systems I find myself unable to receive any events when I move my Space Mouse or touch the buttons.

The Space Mouse works just fine with Google Earth but I would love to use the SM too.

I am using the latest version of 3DxWare (10.6.5) on both Macs.

Any ideas how I can debug this problem?

Hi Tim,

I found the problem and will release an update this week that fixes Space Navigator support and Quick Look glitches.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Tim, would you please mind trying the beta release of version 3.4.2 ?
      It is available here: https://osculator.net/download/

Comment

Ah responded to the wrong thread, so I repeat here: I can still noch detect any events sent by my SN. How can I determine if the SN is properly detected?

Comment

Hi Tim,

I order to connect the SpaceNavigator, please open the Parameters Window, choose Devices / SpaceNavigator and check "automatically connect". Then, open a new window or stop / start the running window. After touching the device, you should see messages appearing in list. Let me know if that helps.

I have tested this under macOS 10.15.4 and 3DConnexion driver version 10.6.5.

Best,
          Cam

Comment

No, no events. Tested on 10.14.6 (Mojave) on my Mac Pro with the 10.6.5 3DConexxion driver.

Comment

Would be nice the device should somehow show up like the Wiimotes do to be sure it's detected.

Comment

Any other ideas how I can make this work or provide debugging output?

Comment

Hi Tim,

You could send an Apple System Report to camille at osculator dot net, this would allow me to see the console output of OSCulator.

Sorry to ask, but can you please confirm it is version 3.4.2 that is running and that the "Automatically connect upon launch" is checked?
                  You can tell by choosing OSCulator -> About. If you double click a document, and when you have two versions of OSCulator on the same computer, the Finder randomly fails to launch the desired version, it just picks a random one, that is why I ask about double checking the version.

Let me know how it goes. On my side I am going to give aa try on a slightly older computer.

Best,
                  Cam

Comment

Curious to see if there is development on this. Just got a Space Mouse that I was excited to get going with OSCulator. Unfortunately, same story as I saw on a few posts on the forum

mac OS 10.15.5
                    3DxMacCore version 1.1.4, 3DxWare version 10.6.5
                    OSCulator 3.4.2

Can't detect input message form 3d Space Navigator Mouse in OSCulator

Comment

Same here - MacBook Air, OS 10.15.6, 3DxMacCore version 1.1.5, 3DxWare version 10.6.6, Osculator 3.4.1. (beta not available right now). "Automatically connect" is checked but the Space Navigator is not detected. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, this should now be fixed in OSCulator 3.4.3, released today.
                        I also made sure the fix works with the newest 3DConnexion drivers for Big Sur.

Best,
                        Cam

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no change in my setup (macOS 10.14.6, MacPro, OSCulator 3.4.3, 3DxWare 10.6.6). SpaceNavigator works fine in Google Earth, no events recorded in Osculator.

And where did you find the new SpaceNavigator drivers for Big Sur?

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that it does not work!

OSCulator 3.4.2 was not working because how the code was signed. I thought I got rid of the issue by disabling hardened runtime, but I was wrong.

In version 3.4.3, hardened runtime is enabled (in order for the software to be notarized), and a new entitlement was defined in order to bypass dynamic library load checking. I just tried again on Catalina 10.15.7 with 3DxWare 10.6.6, and I can use the Space Navigator in OSCulator. Honestly, I don't know what is wrong, all of this is extremely complicated and it has become increasingly difficult to provide consistent support across macOS versions.

Yesterday, under Big Sur, I noticed that the Space Navigator did not connect properly. I had to stop and start OSCulator again, it eventually worked. The code to connect and use the Space Navigator is ridiculously simple, and has not changed in many years…

I found the drivers for Big Sur on 3DConnexion's website.

Best,
                            Camille

Comment

Ah found it https://3dconnexion.com/de/support/f...os-11-big-sur/
                              Is there any way how we can help identify the problem? Logs? Other things?

Comment

Working...
                              X