Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

osc integer variables not "completly" integer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osc integer variables not "completly" integer?

Hello all, i'm trying to control some parts of qlab with osc trough OSCulator but i'm stumbling trough some issue's.
    I'm trying to edit values in qlab from cues but qlab is rather picky in accepted values.
    Qlab accepts "." dots and "," comma's in different cases and mostly if it accepts dots it won't accept comma and vice versa.

so i try to edit a value what would accept a comma in it or just use integers.
    It is not possible to change the "dot" in OSCulator values i suppose what would't be a problem may it not that my osc variable outputs is always added with a "dot"

So what i would like best as a result:
    /cue/{cue_number}/opacity 52,38
    <f:var[0]> would be 52,38 for example

What would suffice:
    /cue/{cue_number}/opacity 52
    52 as an integer number

What i get and qlab won't accept because there is a dot in the osc message:
    /cue/{cue_number}/opacity 52.00
    using <i:var[0]> integer
    and /cue/{cue_number}/opacity 52.38
    using <f:var[0]> float

Is there a way to solve this (maybe by sending a new osc message with the last 3 digits removed?)
    or should i fall back to apple script? ( i would like to not do this because it's way slower and a very bad idea for continues stuff like fades)

Hope you can help and with kind regards!

Dear high-end,

How do you know that an integer variable is sent as another type?
    More specifically, where do you see the value "52.00"? Is it in the Message Monitor, the output of another program (QLab)?

I'm asking to better understand the problem you described.
    Also, please feel free to send your OSCulator file to camille at osculator dot net, so I can have a closer look.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Dear Cam,

While i got no results in qlab i used another instance of oscillator to see whats coming trough (on port 8001) , there i saw the values being integer but followed by the .00, but i think i solved the problem. I was using the var0 instead of the arg0 token, (i was in the understanding because the value is chaning constant i should use the var, but it doesn't workDear Cam,

While i got no results in qlab i used another instance of oscillator to see whats coming trough (on port 8001) , there i saw the values being integer but followed by the .00, but i think i solved the problem. I was using the var0 instead of the arg0 token, (i was in the understanding because the value is changing constant i should use the var0, but it doesn't work for me.

The other problem i found out is that if i only use a arg0 (or a var) token it wil not update in the list, so if i click on the dropdown menu and make it integer or a float, it wil change in the osc menu but sometimes not on the action. Typing a string with the token in the argument field (and removing it) solves this.

The problem is that i'm not used to osculators way of thinking because the osc from qlab is somewhat different.

What also confuses me or would help me that you can type <arg0> in the redirect but you can't type <i:arg0>.

​​​​​​​If you put <i:arg[0]> token in the argument field it will send it but only at the end of the line.

I have to work now but wil send some examples of my problems (and work arounds) tonight!

​​​​​​​Thanks for the response

Comment

Working...
      X