Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update TouchOSC from Logic Pro?

Hi there,

Before I download the demo of Osculator I just wanted to ask a question to see if something is possible before I purchase.

Is it possible using Osculator to connect TouchOSC to it so that I can control Logic Pro software instruments and upon playback of the Logic session the controls will update in TouchOSC?

So for instance let's say I have 4 software instruments (I use a lot of Spitfire Audio instruments but others also) and each one can have CC1 (Dynamics), CC11 (Expression) and CC7 (Volume) controlled.

I therefore create 3 faders in TouchOSC which are set to these CC controls and then they will send the correct CC messages to Logic enabling me to control the instrument. That data will then record as normal to the track in Logic.

Now when I play the session back again the faders will automatically follow along the session and update.

The thing is though that I want it to do it only for the currently selected track as all software instruments are set to the same MIDI channel as is the norm nowadays.

Is this possible using Osculator or is Logic going to send all CC data regardless of the track selected?

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you tried to connect TouchOSC with Logic directly?
    TouchOSC includes native support for Logic Pro (see https://hexler.net/docs/touchosc-setup-apple-logic).

OSCulator also provide the OSCulator plugin for Logic Pro. It's intent is to you give you access to the Logic control surface with OSC. It is not meant to be simple to use or to hook up with TouchOSC.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Hi there,

Yes I can get TouchOSC working fine with Logic however when playing back the Logic session the controls don't automatically update in TouchOSC. I had found a post somewhere on the internet that had said that it might be possible by using Osculator so was wondering if anyone had ever gotten this to work?

Many thanks,

Mark

Comment

I am surprised that Logic does not update back TouchOSC, because the OSC protocol both use is supposed to be bi-directional. Are you sure you are using native OSC, and not MIDI (via the MIDI Bridge) ?

Comment

I was using the TouchOSC Bridge App yes. Is there a different way to connect the iPhone to Logic using TouchOSC then?
          Sorry I know that TouchOSC isn't your App so your help is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mark

Comment

No worries Mark!
            Please check out this link and see if you manage to connect using OSC instead of MIDI : https://hexler.net/docs/touchosc-setup-apple-logic

Comment

Working...
            X