Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double press / long press (hold)

hey again,
    is there any solution to use a double click or long hold of a osc or midi button / note? So trigger only if you push a button twice within in x msec or hold it for longer than y msec
    Tried to think of using the delay function but if the delay is triggered you can´t abort it...or a combination of delay and enable combine?
    Any thoughts? I really did not understand the MidiPipe Example with applescript and it did not work either, the better it would be to solve it directly in osculator
    Cheers

Dear ChristophD,

Here is a way to do short and long press on the same received OSC message.

I used TouchOSC's Simple layout, second screen.
    The first button let's you do a single short tap, or a long tap with different outcomes.

The second button only does long tap. As the first example is more complex, I thought you'd be interested to see how the minimal case works.

I did not find a solution for double taps.
    It would be interesting to extend Delays with the capability to filter input based on detected number of taps (multi-taps), or no activity (long tap).

Best,
    Camille
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Camille,
      thank you so much! It took me a while to understand but now it´s clear to me! I knew that the delay was not aborted if button was released but what you did is so clever....

i was thinking to demux press and release but it´s the opposite of your solution :-) or do you have more ideas to bypass the delay of the short press (1000ms) ?

May be if you add Meta Event like "real enable" and "real disable" ? i have a situation where i really could use it! Enabling just toggles its status which is great to have in short/long press and many other examples of course :-)

thank you so much, im really getting more into this :-)

Comment

Working...
      X