Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to save output of "Quick View" windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to save output of "Quick View" windows?

I'm doing some simple datalogging and was wondering if the output of the "Quick View" window could be saved for later analysis.

It would be wonderful if this was something that was available and I just didn't know how to do it. If not, it's no big deal, I can just try my hand at an OSC datalogging script instead...(if anyone knows of a good free one, do let me know!)

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to offer!

- AKA

Hi AKA,

This is a good suggestion, I will think of a nice way to record received OSC events.

In the meantime, I would suggest you route events to the oscdump command line tool that is shipped with the Liblo OSC library. I think there is also a dump tool that ships with Oscpack. If you need any help at using them or getting a compiled version, feel free to ask.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Glad to hear you're planning on adding this as a feature Camille!

I'm also attempting to map movement, so would really like to be able to store input data. I don't have much in the way of programming skills though, and those libraries you suggested look a little outside my knowledge.

Does anyone have any experience with storing OSC data in Processing? I'm using the oscP5 library to connect OSCulator and Processing. I'm sure there's a way to keep a record/array of this data, but I'm not really sure where to start looking.

Comment

Hey koda,

Nope sorry I don't have any idea on how to do that in Processing!

Since it is based on Java, there is surely a way to do that.

For a start, I would simply create a file handle, and print to that. I'm sure this is fairly easy to do.

Best,

Cam

Comment

That's alright Cam, you're clearly busy enough with OSCulator as it is!

Thanks for the idea though - I'll start digging around for printing to a file.

Comment

Hi kodamapixel, I found the "FileIO" examples that come with Processing to be sufficient for my purposes, perhaps they will help you as well?

Best,

AKA

Comment

Thanks so much for the tip, AKA - I'll give it a try. I was actually attempting something similar, but outputting the sketch as an animation with MovieMaker in Processing. This looks like a much simpler way to get a result though.

Cheers,

Kodama.

Comment

I've spent a bit of time fooling around with mapping in Processing and this is what I've come up with.

Basically, this will map the pitch, roll and yaw of the Wii and store the data in a text file. it will also provide some visual feedback, but this isn't necessary for the output. Obviously, you can add/remove Wii parameters.

Please feel free to put it to use - you'll need the oscP5 library to get it running.

It's a bit of a Frankenstein, so if anyone out there can see a way for it to be improved, I'm all ears!

Comment

kodamapixel, thank you so much for the processing script!!!

very very useful!

Comment

Working...
                  X