Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving MultiCast OSC messages

Hi All

Does anyone know if it is possible for Osculator to receive MultiCast messages? I have tried, but it doesn't seem to work - and I can't find any setting that might enable it...

thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

i am sorry but OSCulator is not able to receive multicast packets. Could you please let me know a bit more about your requirements?

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam - thanks for letting me know. It isn't a huge problem - I am sending OSC from a Unity project on one machine over the network to another - where Osculator is converting OSC to keyboard shortcuts for Protools. I was just wondering if it was possible to do this via MultiCast to avoid having to know the IP address of the protools machine in advance.

cheers

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Multicast is not always easy to use. You can use however a broadcast address, OSCulator sends and receives packets this way, but again it is not the most efficient.

OSCulator exposes a discovery service based on Bonjour/Zeroconf.
        All you have to do is to use the local DNS name of your computer. You can find it in the Sharing Preferences Pane. Also this is something described in the User’s Manual if you need more info.

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
        Camille

Comment

Aah Broadcast works perfectly - thanks! I'm not concerned about max efficiency in this case as I am only rarely sending a small message sequence to get protools to go to a memory location.

Thanks for your help, Camille!

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X