Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator like MackieControl for Motu Cuemix

Hi

is it possible to control my Motu Firewire Interface?

The software is called "Motu Cuemix FX" and they are writing in the manuals it only works with Mackie hardware, which should be added in Audio&Midi Setup on my MacBookPro (OS 10.6.).

- I'v builded a Interface on my iPod touch with just 8 Faders

- I'v set this faders to MidiCC and I tryed all possibilitys with value and channels 

- I added a new device in Audio&MidiSetup and called it "Mackie Control"

- and now???

I tryed a little bit with my Logic and its no problem to control faders and buttons. Thanks for the Tutorial!!! )) 

Can anyone help me?

I hope my english is not that bad!

Nico

Hello Nico,

I am not an expert in CueMix FX, or Mackie Control Protocol, but I can tell you that this not the plain old MIDI we are using to control Logic in the tutorial.

Even if you managed to hook oscltr's virtual MIDI output to your interface's MIDI input (by using the IAC driver, or a patchbay software like MIDI Patchbay or MIDI Pipe), I am almost sure you couldn't control the software simply by using standard MIDI Control Changes.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thank You Cam,

that makes me sad...

I am a soundgay for bands and my dream was to have my motu as inserts in the subgroubs, hanging arround in the audience and can control the levels in front of the stage with my iPod touch.

Good night

Nico

Comment

Well, that doesn't mean all is over since I got myself an Ultralite mk3 at this right moment.

As I'm curious to know if I can control it as well, so I'll see what I can do.

Patience!

Best,

Cam

Comment

I found even this software: LC Xmu

I will report, if it functions.

.................................................. ...................................

Edit

F***ing Motu!

A short view into the LC Xmu - manuals:

MOTU applications (Digital Performer, AudioDesk, CueMix) are not supported, as they can’t address a Mackie Control via a virtual CoreMIDI port. Annoy MOTU about this.

Comment

did any1 find out how to control the cuemix software via a generic midi controller?

i have an ultralite and a kenton kontrol freak - surely they should be able to talk to each other via cuemix

Comment

Did you ever get this working? Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X