Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamically change the destination of a fader

Hi

i think this is possible I wish to have a page where all the controls ie fader pan mute solo operate one fader in the mio console (metric halo & mackie control emulation).
    Rather than nudge the mackie control emulation up & down I wish to change the destination of the fader etc either , by a couple of push buttons one up & one going down, Or, preferably by selecting a channel in the mio console which on selection sends a midi note.

I would really appreciate some help

Well I Found this post which I should read http://www.osculator.net/forum/archi...php/t-974.html
    thanks Russell
    Last edited by Drusound; 01-16-2011, 02:36 AM.

Hey Russel,

What you need to do is use "presets".
    Presets is a way to change the behavior of a set of messages at once.

First add to your layout two buttons for controlling the presets up and down (or a set of buttons to select a specific preset).
    Then assign your incoming OSC message to the MIDI events for one fader.
    Also assign the Preset Change events to the buttons you just added to your layout.
    Then create a new Preset. The current preset will be copied, and you can now change it to use a new configuration.
    Repeat the process as many times as needed.

Please let know if that is the solution you needed.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks Camille

I will have a play and see if it can do what I am looking for.

One thing regarding midi. Am I correct in thinking that if a midi signal, such as a midi note is not listed in the osculator window it cannot be accessed and routed to OSC for example.

When using the mio console (mackie control) it sends a bunch of midi notes to indicate which ones are selected.
      if a note is on the fader has been selected on the computer. I wish to use this note to tell Touchosc which fader should be controlled.

Ok I think I have an Idea If I route all the mdi notes from the faders to one and then assign each
      But I cannot see these notes in the osculator window.appropriate note to a number (index) like I saw in a previous post then I could use this index to select the preset I think?

I have now got some ideas so if you like I can play for a while and if I get stuck or otherwise I will post again. I had a play and can see the idea of presets also I thing I get the idea on

Thanks very much Russell
      Last edited by Drusound; 01-17-2011, 01:58 AM. Reason: new idea

Comment

Hi Russell,

As long as you can see a MIDI note registered in the list, it means that it has been received, and that it can be used.
        If you don't see a note message, it means that you may want to check the application that sends that note and configure it to send MIDI events to OSCulator. OSCulator has a virtual MIDI port called "OSCulator In" that you can use to send MIDI messages to. You can also choose a physical MIDI port if you want to receive MIDI from a MIDI interface ; to set this up, go in the Parameters Window, I/O tab and activate the desired MIDI port as an input.

Now, I am not totally sure wether the MIO console can send MIDI to virtual MIDI ports. There is a solution however. Open the application Audio/MIDI Setup and show the MIDI window. Here you will see the IAC Driver (InterApplication Communication), which is a MIDI driver that enables communication between applications that do not support virtual ports. Double click the IAC icon and enable the driver. There should be one Bus already defined, this is fine.

In the MIO console, configure it to output MIDI to the IAC driver, and also tell OSCulator to receive MIDI from the IAC driver.

You'll then be able to assign preset change events to the received MIDI notes.
        I believe you will have to duplicate that MIDI note event (Command-D) in order to send the event to TouchOSC as well.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Hi Camille

Thsi is wonderful I am really getting some great ideas!!! I have done some stuff in my head as well as getting some practical things to work.

Re the midi notes, this is all new to me but

i have a app called midi monitor and I am just reading what you have said and translated it into how I can use midi monitor to confirm signals coming & going.

Yes in fact when I select the first fader in the MiO console it transmits a C0 Data 127 & Fader 2 sends a note C#0 Data 0
          change
          But in the Osculator window when I select either fader 1 0r 2 they both appear midi/note/1

So my question is, Should I see the notes C0 C#0 or am I seeing something else.

I have got the presets to work now and I can change which fader in the MIo console is controlled by the single fader in Touchosc.
          the only thing now is the fader on the Touchosc does not move to the new fader level until I touch the fader in the Mio console.

But if I move the order of the faders in the Mio console ie move channel 7 to channel 8 ot does jump to the correct level.
          I guess I need to trigger the level of the fader to be sent as well.

Comment

The problem lies in the fact that the /midi/note message contains the note information as an argument.
            You need to extract that argument to have access to the note trigger.
            This "extraction" is called demultiplexing in OSCulator (Ctrl-D), and here is a post that explains how it works with pictures:
            http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ull=1#post4131.

Comment

Thanks

I really appreciate the help I am quite quickly picking up the basics and being able to control the MIo console in ways I have wanted to for some time.

Best wishes

Russell

Comment

Discussion much appreciated as well!
                If you need any further help, feel free to post.

Cheers,
                Cam

Comment

Working...
                X