Sending track labels and Project Position to TouchOSC from my DAW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending track labels and Project Position to TouchOSC from my DAW

Can someone please direct me to a tutorial about sending word strings to TouchOsc? Or offer a quick explanation?

I want to be able to get the track labels and the project time to Touchoscon my ipad from Cubase. (I have made templates to control everything I want to control in Cubase -using mii notes and CCs - but want to be able to send track info and bar/beat info).

Much thanks.

Hi Cinematree,

Unfortunately this is not possible.
    There is no way to dynamically get the track names from a MIDI sequencer.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Camille. So programs like AC-7, or LiveControl use their own coding that translates the Track names into TouchOsc formats? Any plans to implement that into Osculator in the future? I would definitely buy Osculator if it had this capability.

And is there a way to send the clock (bars and beats or time), or the tempo bpm's through OSculator?

Comment

This is correct, for example LiveControl uses the LiveAPI which translates some of the internals of Live into OSC messages that can be then handled by OSCulator. AC-7 uses a different approach where is mimics a control surface using the Mackie Control protocol. Unfortunately OSCulator does not implement the MCU protocol.

As for the clock and tempo, this is effectively the same problem: there is no way at this moment to get those values in OSCulator.

I can't tell wether or when OSCulator will get this functionality in the future, but this is part of the ideas I would love to work on.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info and the fast replies. I would be very excited if Osculator implemented that functionality at some point. Do you know if Puredata or some other similarly configurable program can do it?

Comment

I am not aware of a way to do that in PureData or Max/MSP, sorry!

Comment

Working...
            X