Empty String as Argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty String as Argument

Is it possible to use an empty string as an argument? If I hit space with no arguments present, nothing happens. If I enter two quotes, those quotes get wrapped with another pair of quotes automatically, yielding a string of 2 quote marks.

Essentially, when a certain toggle is on, I want text to display in a label (which I can do). But when the toggle is off, I want the label text to be blank (rather than replace it with some "off" state text.

I searched the manual, but couldn't find anything indicating any special way to do that. I tried looking for the OSC Address Rewriting Rules mentioned, but that appendix doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks for any help.
    Logic 10.7.9 | OSCulator 3.4.3 | TouchOSC 1.2.2 | Mac Studio M2 | Ventura 13.4.1

Hi ASCap,

Next release of OSCulator will allow you to type `$` then `Space` to enter the empty string token.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Please run software update, OSCulator 3.4.1 has just been released. Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

Awesome, thank you!
        Logic 10.7.9 | OSCulator 3.4.3 | TouchOSC 1.2.2 | Mac Studio M2 | Ventura 13.4.1

Comment

Working...
        X