Scripts in Osculator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripts in Osculator question

I use a number of scripts in Osculator and Ive noticed that sometimes it doesn't display all of them. They are there and they work but I can't find them under the applescript tab. Ive noticed this in the OSC Routing tab as well. Is Osculator limited in he number of items it can display? How do I re-gain access to the ones that don't show up anymore?

Thanks

Hi Bleach,

The only reason I would think of why they are not displayed in the AppleScript or OSC Routing tab is that they have been deleted from those lists at some point. When such an item is deleted from a list but used in the main window, OSCulator keeps a reference to the item to keep things functional, but you lose access to the original source.

Are you 100% sure you never got to deleted anything from the list? Because disappearing items sounds like a bug, and I will be happy to fix that ASAP.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Yes Im 100% i didn't delete anything. I will have to look at one of my larger projects to give you some specifics but this brings up another question..what about importing presets from other Osculator files? Are the scripts just referenced from the original file and not imported to the new one?

Comment

When you import a preset from another file, the items contained in this preset are copied to the current file when they are not present (AppleScripts, OSC Routings, etc.). If those items are found to be already present, they are left untouched.

No reference is kept from other files, everything needed is copied from the imported file to the new preset.

I'd be interested to run a test if you can provide me with some material!

Comment

That would be great. I have a main file that I've used to import from various other files all containing scripts with different names and none of them show up in the main file yet they all work and you can see them for assigning in he main view under the value column. How do I send attachments here?

Comment

Please send it to me directly at camille at osculator dot net, thanks!

Comment

just sent you a file.

Comment

Thanks Bryan, I will have a look ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                X