Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logic 9, touchosc, change channel

Hi Folks

I´m running logic 9 on my Macbook and try to control it with my iPhone 4s. I took the Layout "logictouch" in touchosc. Everything is working perfect exceptly one thing: if i switch to the next channel the values from the fader, pan etc. didn´t change in touch osc…

anybody an idea?

I think the problem is anywhere in logic... it should send a midimessage from the channel which i´m selecting to osculator so that touchosc knows which values the faders, rotarys, etc. have...
    Last edited by user; 04-12-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Experimenting with remote Eq on the Yamaha 01V96 with TouchOSC & OSCulator. Nothing more than a palor trick right now. I wouldnt do this in the field as the ...

this guy has made what i want with logic.... how does he do that????
      please help

Comment

ok.. maybe noone understand my problem..
        here is an example for what i mean..

If i touch the next toggle button, the fader value don´t change.. why??? where is the mistake?

my english is not perfect.. maybe someone can change my example and send it back?
        that would be the easiest way for me..

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi user,

I am sorry for the late answer!
          I read your posts in detail, but I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

In any case, if you want to use the logictouch layout with Logic and still use OSCulator to customize it, I would highly recommend you have a look at OSCulator plugin for Logic Pro: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...-for-Logic-Pro

If you think this might help you, please don't hesitate to come back with more questions!

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Hi
            At first: Thanks for the answer.
            second: i know about the Plugin..
            but let us Forget logic. In the Video the Guy Switch through the lo, lo-mid, hi-mid and hi eq. And the faders Switch to the right Position.. And exactly this is my Problem.. The fader dont Switch to anywhere.. Why Not?

thank you

Comment

The layout and oscd file related to the video you showed are on this forum:

If you have a look at it you will see is not much special in the mappings.
              The faders go to their required position because the console sends feedback when an eq band is selected. Logic does work like this too, only when you use the plugin.

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Ok.. I try and give Feedback.. Thanks a Lot..

Comment

So...
                  First: I found this: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ighlight=01v96
                  that answers the most of my questions.. It means for me I cannot make layouts for Yamaha, Studer, Soundcraft, Allen & Heath, Behringer, etc. Digitalmixers
                  i´m really sad about it...
                  second: Without Osculator, logic and touchosc are working perfect together with the logictouch layout. With Osculator (and the plug-in) i have the same problem. No midifeedback from logic when i change a channel. the fader, pan, etc. do not switch to the right position.

I think i give up for the moment and will wait.. maybe there is a solution somewhen.

Thanks a lot for your Support

User

Comment

Hi

I dont know much about programming. And I doesnt know if this is possible and if it make sense. but my idea is to create a meta-event with a storage..
                    I´ve made an example to what i mean (sure it doesnt work ). If you want and have the time you can think about it. just an idea!

User

Comment

Hi user,

Could you please describe what it would do and how it would work?
                      Thanks!

Cam

Comment

Hi

Sorry for this real late answer!
                        I thought of some kind of storage which stores permanently the value which is send from touch osc or logic pro (or any digital mixer). For example you turn up a fade to half, it will be saved there as 0.50 if you touch toggle button 2 and turn the same fader up to 100% it is saved in another storage which is connectet to toggle button 2. Now when you go back to toggle button 1 a signal is send to storage 1 which sends the stored value (0.50) back to the fader in touch osc. so this fader jumps to the right position. If you have a look at the "example2" you maybe understand what i mean. At first i cotolled my fader with 4 toggle buttons to send different midi control changes. in the var. it sends the value to the storage too. if you touch the toggle button it sends a signal to the storage wich send the saved value to the fader in touch osc.. thats all..
                        if you have any more questions or don´t know what i mean then ask again... im more online the next time

sorry again

user

Comment

Alright, I see what you mean, what you are mentionning is a "snapshot" system.
                          I will think about it, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X