Presets & Bi Directional control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presets & Bi Directional control

Hullo everyone, ive been out of the loop for a while and have begun to try and get my head back around OSCulator & TouchOSC again. Ive downloaded the latest and greatest versions of OSCulator and TouchOSC.
    Im trying to create a simple "1 fader to rule them all" template for controling my Yamaha O1V96. Ive been sucessful in the past with a simple 16 faders and mutes layout. (thanks for including that in your OSCulator sample files Cam)!! Anyway.. i create a simple single fader and 2 toggles (similar to the logic layout). I Create presets for each of the faders on the console. ch1,ch2 etc etc.. and assign the correct cc's for each fader. I check "send values when preset is restored" So far so good.. preset 1 controls fader one, preset 2 controls fader 2 etc. If i adjust fader 1 physical on the console when i have fader / preset 2 selected on my touchOSC.. fader 1 will not update on touchOSC when i toggle back to preset 1, in fact what happens is that toggling back to the preset re-adjusts the fader to where it was last set in touchOSC. I hope im explianing myself clearly. Any input on how to combat this ?
    Cheers,
    e.

Hey Ezee,

This is an interesting case. OSCulator is not able to update values across presets, this is why when you come back to preset 1, the old "remembered" value is used. I guess the issue is there whenever you have one virtual fader used to control many real faders, which is similar to the problem discussed with Russell in another recent thread.

When TouchOSC is used with the Logic layout, Logic knows when a "page" (or preset) is changed, and updates the values after the page has changed, but the 01V doesn't do this.

I really must say you've got me on this one. I've been thinking about a solution for two hours, and can't find anything that would be easy to implement. I will use that example as a reference for the future redesign of the application. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply (as always) Cam. Im sure your right and its a "yamaha" thing! I had experimented with this idea last year, but had given up due to frustration. SEEING THE 'logic' layout inspired me to re-investigate the idea. Aside from that, OSCulator is still a 'stellar' application and your support is second - to -none.
      Cheers,
      e.

Comment

Working...
      X