Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make touchosc to react to sound preset changes of a virtual instrument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jarkki
    replied
    Thank you for your answer!

You were right about this being a problem caused by the MS-20. On the config page of the MS-20, there is enable/disable button for program change. However, in the midi implementation chart it says that MS-20 is able to recognize, but not to transmit program change data. I guess I have to ask Korg to add this feature in a future update.

Jarkki

Leave a comment:

• camille
    replied
    Hi Jarkki,

In the situation where presets are handled by the instrument itself, it is up to the 'instrument' to send the values update. You said that values where updated when a knob was modified on the user interface, and that bi-directional communication was working, so I think there is a problem with the MS-20 plugin.

I see there is a Config button, can you see something that would enable the update of values?

Best,
    Cam

Leave a comment:

• How to make touchosc to react to sound preset changes of a virtual instrument?

Hello!

My question concerns the controlling of virtual instrument on Ableton Live 8 (Mac) with the osculator + touchosc on ipad combination.

The virtual instrument is Korg MS-20 audio unit. I have created a touchosc template mimicking the MS-20 interface. With osculator, I have mapped the control knobs on the ipad to those on the MS-20 audio unit.

Two-way communication works perfectly. However, when I switch between sound presets on the instrument, the knobs on ipad are left to the positions of the sound I was previously working on, while the knobs on the instrument obviously reflect the positions of the new sound/preset. Only way that
    I am able to make the ipad knobs to reflect the new sound is to click on each knob on the instrument with a mouse.

Is it possible to send the knob positions of the new sound to touchosc when the new sound is selected on the instrument?

Best Regards,
    Jarkki
Working...
X