Wii and TouchOSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii and TouchOSC

I have been trying to set up Wii and TouchOSC to work at same time. I am working with Max/Msp/Jitter.. Have got set up working.. to some extent with the Wii on one port and TouchOSC on another.. problem is that the ipad touch osc app
    finds both ports.. so some messages get mixed.. is there a way for TouchOSC to lock on one port and ignore the other?

Hi Phillys,

Normally, when TouchOSC is configured on one port it sends data to that port only.
    Are you sure you selected the right port and not the one on which the Wiimote is running?

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam

I did select the port but then when I started the wii the other port showed up on the ipad even though it was not selected.. and it seemed in the continuous control mode ( for the sliders ) messages were coming into both ports.. the buttons or midi notes worked fine which makes sense.. selecting the port I wanted to use for TouchOSC did not seem to have effect.

Best,
      Phyllis

Comment

Even though TouchOSC shows both port which is fine, it only manages one connection at a time. I would search for another cause. If you like you can send me you configuration files to camille at osculator dot net so I can have a look and try to reproduce the problem.

Comment

Hi Camille,
          I took another look and seems it was a midi problem.. I needed to specify channel.. now all works .. very cool.. I hope to do great things.. we shall see..

Best again,
          P

Comment

And thanks again .. so good of you to give wise advice...!

Comment

Have been away from touchOSC for a while.. am working with it again.. is fine from home with known wifi network but when I go to another location with my computer and ipad setup not working .. I tried to reload my layout from computer to ipad to test and ipad was not recognizing wifi connection even though ipad and mac were set to same network.. but not a very powerful one(free) could that be problem?

Comment

Hi Phyllis,

Are you using an IP address in your configuration?
                Remember that the recommended way of connecting TouchOSC to your Mac is to use an ad-hoc (computer to computer) network.

Best,
                Cam

Comment

Working...
                X