• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,
    any news ?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately Ventura does not fix the problem. I will fill à développer support ticket once again hoping they will do something.

Given that the vast majority of Bluetooth hardware today uses Bluetooth 5.0, I doubt they will prioritize the resolution of this bug.

Best,
      Camille

Comment

The dreaded reply, been waiting for this, so i guess the way to go foward is to go back in OSX's versions until? (to get it to work)
        Johannes Drakenberg - Artist
        - Facebook - Soundcloud - Tour Dates - Youtube -

Comment

I now have Catalina on the unit, and it works, question is, can upgrade to Big Sur? Or should I just say here?
          Hope they resolve it, they sure do have the resources!

Best
          Johannes Drakenberg

Comment

Hi Johannes,

Yes Big Sur is the last macOS version that has a Bluetooth stack working with the Wiimote.

Best,
            Camille

Comment

I filled a TSI (technical support incident) to Apple, with the hope they will provide a more definite answer.

Comment

Hope they get back to you! In the meantime, any plans for Joycon support? Seems like those are pretty easily connectable to Macs running Monterey and Ventura. I was able to connect a Joycon to my M2 Mac running Monterey and get button press data via Max/MSP, but wasn't able to get any accelerometer data. I'm thinking about updating to Ventura to see if Ventura's fancy new game controller support prompts the Joycon to send accelerometer data (which they won't do unprompted, apparently: https://cycling74.com/projects/joy-con-osc-mapper-beta https://cycling74.com/forums/nintend...oth-connection).

Comment

Hi,

This is what I experienced when testing Joycons.
                  Unfortunately, I have no clue how to get accelerometer data.
                  The post you mentioned refers to a reverse engineering project (https://github.com/dekuNukem/Nintend...se_Engineering), quite fascinating. I'll check it out!

Camille

Comment

Still on the hunt for a solution, when i found this!

Seems like plenty of peers has paired Wii-remotes using a bluetooth-dongle, could this work perhaps?

Comment

Hi Johannes,
                      Alas, this has been discussed earlier, see my reply : https://osculator.net/forum/forum/su...1920#post11920

Comment

Are there any news on this front? This tool is sorely missed in action.

Comment

Bumping, Will testing on the upcoming osx be done?

such a shame apple is killing a lot of features with their new software, ventura removed the ability to change framerate for the outgoing video, a killer for me who works a lot with video

Comment

Made an account to bump this... Experiencing the same problem on Ventura 13.4.1. Anyone manage to find a fix or a workaround?

Comment

Bump too. Really eager to also hear if anybody has stumbled on any even partially successful tricks to get this working.

Comment

Working...
                              X