Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predefined configurations for new Wiimotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predefined configurations for new Wiimotes?

Is it possible to apply a predefined configuration (of keycodes) to newly connected (previously unpaired) Wiimotes?

I would like to hand out a configuration file which allows (new) users to quickly setup their Wiimote without having to go through all the button/keycode combinations.

And a side question: can I prevent the 'Do you want to save...' message on closing Osculator when nothing as actually changed? (All buttons and movements have been defined in the config I'm using but some have no Event)

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Hello Pascal,

I would like to hand out a configuration file which allows (new) users to quickly setup their Wiimote without having to go through all the button/keycode combinations.
    The Wiimote slots (mapping between the hardware identifier and a number) are made for this. Simply prepare a file will the desired settings, it will not record the Wiimote hardare identifier in the file. That means you don't have to do somethign special to have a file ready to run on someone else's computer.

The order in which the slot are allocated is sequential : the first unused slot is chosen for a newly connected Wiimote. That means that on a fresh system, the first newly detected Wiimote gets slot #1, the second newly detected Wiimote slot #2, and so on...

And a side question: can I prevent the 'Do you want to save...' message on closing Osculator when nothing as actually changed? (All buttons and movements have been defined in the config I'm using but some have no Event)
    You can "Lock" the file by choosing Routing->Lock Input.
    This will prevent accidental change to common editing features, and also prevent Save prompt.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

thanks for your quick reply.
      So the solution is even easier than I thought it would be. Nice!

Thanks again,
      Pascal

Comment

Working...
      X