Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Little Blue LEDS - OSCulator Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Blue LEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Blue LEDS

Ello

Awesome product, loving your work. Are the any plans to allow control of the little blue LEDs at the bottom of the Wiimote? (I'm using OSCulator and the Wiimote in a DJ setup and it would be useful to know which deck I was controlling without looking at the screen)

Watt

Hey Watt,

Thanks!

How would you like to use OSCulator to control the LEDs?

Can you describe a simple use case?

It may be fairly easy to do.

Right now, you can still make presets, and synchronized leds with preset number. Then change the presets with OSC messages. What do you think?

Best,

Cam

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, awesome, that does exactly what I want. Should have read the manual more thoroughly, sorry...

Comment

Hey Watt,

No worries, this is what the forum for is made for!

Cam

Comment

Hello Camille, i am trying to activate the blue LEDs indepedently sending messages from MAX/MSP via OSC.

The supplied max patches allow for sending a /vibrate command already. Would it be possible to implement a similar thing for led activation? like sending a value of 1 to /led $1 activated LED one, sending zero instead would turn it off.

Eventually there could be a logics implemented (in max/msp to try it out maybe, i would do that for you) to have LEDs display the on/off status of more than 4 presets (of whatever status display this could become).

Thank you for any helpful answer in advance! I also would like to express my respect for your development work!

jrp / berlin

Comment

hey jayrope,

thanks for your kind message!

let me think about an easy way to do this, and I'll get back to you with a solution.

maybe not for the next release, but the one after.

ca

Comment

Hello Camille, thank you for the fast answer!

I am working on a live sounddesign/looping application directed by the Wii remote and made in Max/MSP. The work got already comissioned for 3 performances at an Austrian festival in late April 2009. Wii remotes will be handed out to the audience to liveremix a music/multimedia act while we perform, partly with Wii remotes ourselves.

The idea about controlling Wii remote LEDs came up, because of the necessity to direct the sounddesign application without having to look at computer screens at all.

I could make up a logical way to display certain info with LEDs in almost no time, as soon as there'd be a way to control the LEDs individually from MAX via OSC (or any way else you could think of, of course).

I don't want to overstress your kind offer to take care of my needs, but sure: any help is very appreciated.

Thank you very much!

jrp

Comment

add-on:logics

led 0 = no led

led 1 = 1st led

led 2 = 2nd led

led 4 = 3rd led

led 8 = 4th led

led 15 = all leds

led 5 would activate led 1&3, led 10 would activate led 2&4.

you get the idea.

just a suggestion,

jrp

Comment

yes, that's funny because I took off the trunk what I already wrote to do such things, and I saw that the led addressing I chose was just like yours:

0000 = 0

0001 = 1

0010 = 2

0100 = 4

1000 = 8

1111 = 15

that is simple binary counting :-)

the only thing is that I don't like the idea that this event will be the only one that doesn't follow the convention that all input messages in OSCulator should be given between 0 and 1 (float).

if you send me an email, I'll send you a beta version so you can tell me if it works correctly for you.

Comment

Thank you very much, Camille! Sent you an email.

jrp

Comment

he he that is fun :

I am using the Wiimote's LED as a level meter :-)

I used Max to do that very easily.

will include that in the next version.

Comment

Yes, it's awesome! Sent you a max patch.

Comment

Hi! Fantastic software! Am using it for my dissertation, in form of an interactive audio/visual synth, using Reaktor and Quartz Composer. I have no experience with OSC, so have been using MIDI to control everything so far, but am starting to think OSC may be a better solution.

For the meantime, is there a way I can turn the vibrating motor, and LED's on/off by sending MIDI from Reaktor to Osculator? I've not been able to figure it out if there is, perhaps something simple i'm overlooking, perhaps i'm being an idiot.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hey,

Absolutely not a stupid question:
                            • setup reaktor so it sends MIDI control changes to the OSCulator In virtual MIDI interface
                            • send a MIDI CC, so a message appears in the list in oscltr
                            • use the Wiimote/Vibrate or LEDs event type to control vibration or LEDs
                            • when using Level you can send MIDI CC from 0 to 127 and light the LEDs of the Wiimote like a bargraph
                            • when using Numeric, you have to use the Scalings page to scale the messages (input 0/1, output 0/16), then MIDI CC from 0 to 127 will count from 0 to 15
                            • if you use the Vibrate event, MIDI CC higher or equal to 64 will make the vibration active, and lower than 64 will stop it

I hope this makes sense, please ask if you need more details.

Best,

Cam

Comment

That makes perfect sense. I wasnt sending any MIDI to Osculator, hence the inputs werent showing up - thats what I was having trouble with.

Many thanks for the quick response!

Comment

Working...
                              X