Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Issues with Track Focus in Logic Pro X - OSCulator Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Track Focus in Logic Pro X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Track Focus in Logic Pro X

I am trying to use the Osculator plugin with Osculator in Logic Pro X. What I am trying to do is have Tabs in TouchOSC select when I select a Track in Logic.

I have installed the plugin and in Osculator setup routes for /Logic/Mixer/Track/1/Focus etc.

My issues:

1. Tracks 1-8 work fine going up, but going back down it seems to get out of sequence and will not go back to Track 1.
    2. There is no way to go beyond 8 tracks, I can create more assignments in Logic by copying and pasting and changing them manually but any Tabs over 8 seem to start at Tab 5.

TouchOSC can have up to 25 Tabs, but I have no way to access any beyond 8.

Maybe the routes are not set right.

I notice that when I change tracks say from 1 to 2, one indicator flashes in the Osculator window (the little square box). However when I go backwards say from 2 to 1, both 2 and 1 boxes flash (in this example). If I manually click the boxes in the Osculator route window outside of Logic they correctly shuttle up and down.

Does it need some kind of argument to filter out the message that seems to be sending for the previously selected track?

Still not sure what to do about the tracks outside 1-8, but maybe once the above is fixed banking might work right?

Any ideas? I have attached screen shots.

Just as an extra tip, I set up routes back to Logic controlling the tracks by pressing Tabs in TouchOSC, these seem to work fine as far as going up and down 1-8.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 20.49.21.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-30 at 20.49.53.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-31 at 10.52.08am.png

Okay I think I have cracked the issue of track focus getting mixed up when going down, I added "Send when: The value increases" to each osc parameter in Osculator.

However I still have an issue with Tracks beyond 8. I see the Osculator controller assignments in Logic are set to Fader Bank 1-8, but there is nothing to make it intelligently shift to the next 8?

If I select Track 9, looking at the monitor its sending /logic/mixer/track/5/focus and Track 10 is sending /logic/mixer/track/6/focus, what can I do about this?

Comment

Hi procreative,

I am glad you found this solution, I was actually going to suggest just that.

You will always have a banks of 8 tracks, this is how Logic maps its conceptual model. Have a look at the documentation included with the plugin, there is a description of all supported OSC messages. You should be able to switch to the next bank of tracks by sending the messages /logic/mixer/bank+ or /logic/mixer/bank- from OSCulator to Logic.

Give it a try, and let me know how it goes.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Hello Camille, firstly thanks for developing this plugin.

I am not sure how putting bank messages from Osculator to Logic would help. I have a Mackie Control and the way its setup is the same as in Banks of 1-8, but the track follow is automatic. When you click on say Track 10, it automatically banks to the next row.

I have studied the MCU assignments and cannot see much difference. So can I achieve this?

Comment

Okay I get what is going on. I have added a total of 16 tracks and see that selecting Track 9 sends TouchOSC back to Track 1. Logic is sending bank messages as the CS indicators in the Arrange window shift.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I am building a series of pages to trigger Keyswitches in Sample Libraries. I need to create several pages and link them to tracks. Some will share the same TouchOSC page so I will configure that in Osculator later.

However because the Osculator plugin has Focus commands for just Tracks 1-8, I think for it to work I would have to create more inside the Controller Assignments (tested this and it works as doing so generates routes in Osculator for me to configure) If I use the banking as is, there are no commands for Tracks 9+ generated, its generating them as 1-8.

Only thing is, Logic's Controller Assignment management is (a) Prone to losing custom assignments and (b) Storing them is only possible by copying the CS.prefs file Logic creates, not ideal.

Is there another way to resolve this?

Comment

Because of the way CS plugins work the bank size (8) is hard-coded.

When a bank is changed, the 8 tracks are updated to their current state, that is, Logic takes care of sending all the required messages. If you are using OSCulator 3, you can see that in action by looking at incoming messages in the Message Monitor.

As you noticed, bank change is done automatically by Logic, therefore the 8 "virtual" tracks state is updated when you select a track outside the 8th boudary. Therefore, I don't understand why this would be a problem, unless you need a different bank layout, for example 16 tracks at once.

I presume the problem you are having comes from the fact that TouchOSC may not update the state of its controls when a page is not active. If this is the right hypothesis, you could try forcing an update by sending /logic/mixer/track/<track_index>/focus to Logic when the TouchOSC page changes, but I am not 100% sure, because Logic might want to be smart and not re-send its state.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
              I presume the problem you are having comes from the fact that TouchOSC may not update the state of its controls when a page is not active. If this is the right hypothesis, you could try forcing an update by sending /logic/mixer/track/<track_index>/focus to Logic when the TouchOSC page changes, but I am not 100% sure, because Logic might want to be smart and not re-send its state.
              Well the problem I can see is that using 16 tracks in Logic and 16 Tabs in TouchOSC, when it gets to Track 9 it flips back to Tab 1 in TouchOSC.

How would I send a message back to Logic like you suggest?

Comment

You are correct, if you need 16 tabs in TouchOSC, then this will not work.
                I was not aware that you used 16 tabs and assumed you were using 8 tabs.

Comment

Is there any possibility of obtaining a refund for Osculator as I now have to find another solution probably involving Lemur?

Comment

Yes, no problem at all.
                    Just uninstall your license by choosing OSCulator -> License Info...
                    Then click the Remove License button.

I will process the refund as soon as it's done.

Comment

I have sent you an email, have deactivated as requested.

Comment

Hey, I know this is a late reply If you haven't figured out a solution yet, I think I got it. In osculator search for /logic/track/id.
                        Once you find that sucker, demux it (Control-D) and you will see all the individual track id's. Then you can map them! That will get you around the 8 channel problem.
                        Only bummer is your logic session must remain fixed in regards to the order of the tracks. If you are building this functionality into a template, it's not a deal breaker, you can always add new
                        content to the bottom of the session. Hope this helps! Here is an example for TouchOSC and for Lemur https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyde0mo9gt...chOSC.zip?dl=0

Comment

Just thought I would share something with you. Stumbled on a solution for recall of Composer Tools Pro presets in Logic through something someone of VIC mentioned.

Rather than using Transformer Objects in the Environment. Using an app called Osculator https://osculator.net

Its an OSC compaible app that can re-route messages. Via a Logic Control Surface plugin it communicates with Logic. I tried using it previously with no success.

However using the steps mentioned here: http://vi-control.net/community/thre.../#post-4120145

Not only does it work, it also seems to recall without using any further steps once I have linked each OSC command in Osculator to a Program Change!

This would probably work for TouchOSC too. Seems the key is using the command /logic/track/name in Osculator.

So now I have a system where tracks can be saved as Patches in Logic and added later as the track name is what Osculator looks for not a Track number or ID. And when I select a track in Logic it auto recalls the correct preset for the articulation Pads in Composer Tools Pro.

Just sharing as maybe its something you can flag up to other users.

Pity for me that the price seems to have changed since I first purchased in March (Only 2 Euros but as I am in the UK the exchange rate has got worse as well)! Had to repurchase as you refunded me back then as at the time thought it would not work for me...

Comment

Please any assistance would be much appreciated

Hi Camille,

Seems I am writing this post all over again, no idea why it did not post before
                            Not a great thing to do at 2AM, 4 hours before I am up for work!

I have run into some issues regarding not being able to choose anything other than 'OSC Message' under the Event Type when using with LPX

My System:
                            Mac Pro 2012 12-Core
                            macOS 10.12.6 Sierra
                            Logic Pro X 10.4 + OSC Plugin for Logic Pro
                            OSCulator 3.12
                            iPad Air running Lemur 5.3.5 with Composer Tools Pro over USB MIDI (Daemon Port 0)

Other Hardware includes a KOMPLETE KONTROL S49
                            Focusrite Saffire Pro 24

My issue:
                            As mentioned I am unable to select Event Types other than the one explained
                            I was able to manually create my Routing /logic/track/name once and then select 'MIDI Prg' then populate the layout with two tracks, after which I was unable to add more that would allow Event Types other than OSC Message again

I have read the manual set up my system and configured everything correctly as I understand it

I will attach screenshots also

Regards,

Christopher
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Shad0wLandsUK; 02-19-2018, 04:06 AM. Reason: Improving Post

Comment

Hi Chris,

For some reason your post has been automatically moderated, sorry about that; it was just waiting for me to publish it.

Just to be sure I understand correctly:
                              You are demuxing the /logic/track/name message in order to trigger a MIDI Prg event respectively to the currently selected track name. Is that right?

Best,
                              Cam

Comment

Working...
                              X