Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Compatible Wiimote gear - OSCulator Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatible Wiimote gear

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatible Wiimote gear

I would like to list all the Nintendo and third party gear that works with OSCulator.
    I know there are other thrid party controllers that should work, but I have not tested them. So here is the list, your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

Note: new Wiimote models bundled with MotionPlus controller are known to be incompatible. Please see this thread for more info.(1) Only works with the Wireless version.
    Last edited by camille; 09-10-2012, 01:58 PM.

hi, i'm new here - coincidence that you just posted this a couple hours ago!

i want to buy a wiimote to use with osculator. should i buy one from this list? am i taking a risk it won't work if i buy a third-party one, for example the one from speedlink?

thanks...

Comment

Hi Jeffro,

Good question. I have had reports from users both good and bad, this is why I didn't bother collecting all the various models of third party models.
      If you can try the product and return it free of charge, then it would be worth trying it. However if you want to minimize the problems, use a genuine Nintendo remote. In the end, the risk you will take equals to the price of the item you might not use.

Cheers,
      Cam

Comment

well i took the risk, and it paid off! so here's your first compatibility report:

Compatible:
        SL-3463-SRD Speedlink Weplay Controller Kit Plus with Wireless Wechuk
        - cost 30 euros at Saturn or MediaMarkt in Germany
        - includes remote and nunchuk, all functions. nunchuk is wireless, uses a 2.4ghz dongle that plugs into the expansion port. does not include motion plus functions, but says it's compatible with the nintendo motion plus addon - speedlink doesn't offer any motion plus units of their own at this time.
        - seems to be fully compatible - all buttons, joystick, accelerometers, and ir give valid signals on the "quicklook" meters.
        - tested on MacBook Pro 2008, OS X 10.6.7, OSCulator 2.10.7.1
        - i'm new at this so i might be overlooking something, but as far as i can tell it works great!
        Last edited by jeffro; 05-01-2011, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Awesome report Jeffro, thank you so much!

Comment

Just setup the Wii Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock drums with Wiimote Plus using MacBook Pro 2007 with OS X 10.6.7 and OSCulator 2.10.7.1. Seem to work fine although I'm no musician

Comment

The Afterglow WiiMotes work just fine. I haven't compared them to the OEM WiiMotes (since I don't actually own a Wii). But they have 7 LED's that look great when doing your wireless MIDI wizardry.

On Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-AW-1...0874330&sr=8-1

Comment

I have a powerA wiimote (including motion plus) that I can't seem to connect to osculator, I'm not sure if there's something that I'm doing wrong, or if the controller just isn't compatible?! Are there a lot of 3rd party controllers that aren't compatible? I think I may just return it and spend more on an official wiimote..Katie

Comment

Hi Katie,
                  This model has never been tested, but as support for third party Wiimote is better from release to release, I am wondering why it would not work. If you would like to go further into details and try to understand why it's not working for you, please feel free to open a new discussion for that matter.
                  Remember there is this post with troubleshooting details on how to connect a Wiimote to OSCulator.

Best,
                  Cam

Comment

Any compatibility with Wii U equipment? I have a Wii U pro controller and was wondering if there's any way I can contribute.

Comment

Hey,

Before I buy these, does anyone know of any reason they wouldn't work? eBay just lists the brand as "generic"...

Thanks a lot

Robin

Comment

Hi Robin,

I don't see any reason, but the combination of your computer + OS + remote can be fiddly at some times.
                        You have more chances if you use the latest version of OSCulator and if your OS X version is not 10.6.

OSCulator fully supports genuine Nintendo Wii remotes, unfortunately it is impossible to be 100% sure about unbranded ones.

Best,
                        Cam

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info

Comment

HI I am new to Osculator and Wii remotes. I have bought AMO White Remote For Nintendo WII and it worked easy set up to pair it - however when I have purchased second wii remote excatly the same I am having pairing issues. I am puzzled why as it is excatly the same model/make as the first one and the first one is easily happily working. This is second time I have exchanged it. Is there anything I am missing? Thank you.

Comment

Hi LucieDance,

When you say you have pairing issues, can you describe a bit more what to process you follow to pair a Wiimote, and what is happening?

Remember once a Wiimote is paired with your computer (via OSCulator), all you need to do to connect it is to press any button until it connects. The pairing process only pairs your Wiimote to your computer and does not necessarily leads to a working connection.

Cheers,
                              Cam

Comment

Working...
                              X