Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Osculator 3.2 and macOS Mojave Not Getting Along? - OSCulator Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osculator 3.2 and macOS Mojave Not Getting Along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator 3.2 and macOS Mojave Not Getting Along?

Is anyone else having difficulty getting Osculator working properly with macOS Mojave and a Wiimote? It appears that my Wiimote pairs with the Mac and connects to Osculator just fine, but doesn't do anything. Osculator sees the button presses, but they don't appear to be getting passed to the operating system or applications.

The saved configuration file previously worked on 3.1.x on High Sierra and I even created a new one to no avail. Thoughts? Has something perhaps changed in 3.2 that I may be missing?

Hardware is an Early-2015 MBA and a genuine Nintendo Wiimote.

Thanks!

Mickey

Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Could you please send you file to camille at osculator dot net?
    I cannot have a look this weekend, but I will as soon as possible.

I suspect there is an additional security feature of Mojave that prevents OSCulator from sending key combos and such.
    In the meantime, you could try to allow OSCulator as an assistive device. In System Preferences, choose Security & Privacy, then Accessibility, click the lock to make changes, and make sure OSCulator is checked. Let me know if that helps.

Accessibility.jpg

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hi Mickey,

Thanks for the feedback.
      Could you please send you file to camille at osculator dot net?
      I cannot have a look this weekend, but I will as soon as possible.

I suspect there is an additional security feature of Mojave that prevents OSCulator from sending key combos and such.
      In the meantime, you could try to allow OSCulator as an assistive device. In System Preferences, choose Security & Privacy, then Accessibility, click the lock to make changes, and make sure OSCulator is checked. Let me know if that helps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]748[/ATTACH]

Best,
      Cam

Enabling Osculator in Accessibility worked! I’m wondering if it was on all along in High Sierra and somehow got disabled during the Mojave or Osculator app upgrade. I probably should have checked this to begin with.

Thanks!

Mickey

Comment

Hi Mickey,

OSCulator 3.2.1 was released and includes an automatic check to prompt for accessibility access.

Best,
        Cam

Comment

Working...
        X