Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/clients/a70cbb4a74edf8105da5fd7e142fb9de/web/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Requesting user's opinion on documentation! - OSCulator Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting user's opinion on documentation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting user's opinion on documentation!

Before adding new features, I would like to stop for a moment and give some love to the documentation section of this website. Some part are out of date, and some features are not even documented.

If there is something specific you would like to see in documentation, please use this thread to express your suggestions.

Thanks!

Camille

Great idea for a sticky post
    • Variables, and how to use them.
    • Better explanation of argument routing — "Create a more complex OSC router" could use some more detail and background...

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott, exactly what I needed.

To everyone: keep 'em coming!

Comment

My main interests would be:

- To see the OSC Routing section of the Reference Manual updated to match the current OSC Hosts window. I found it hard to follow when I was trying to create a document to control an application via OSC with a Wiimote. (I finally succeeded, though!)

- To see the Meta Events section updated to include all the current Meta Event types.

- Also, for some reason, I cannot figure out what the MIDI parameter Voice (formerly Index) does, even after reading past forum messages.

Comment

Hi Yasha,

Thank you for these suggestions, I'll be working on the documentation during the week.

About your question: Voice (formerly Index), must be an integer value. It enables you to play polyphonic MIDI Notes using OSC messages. I'll write a blurb on that in the documentation as well.

Best,

Cam

Comment

ok, so I've updated the documentation a bit.

Not quite yet to it, but the process is now ongoing.

The first pages really needed a lift so I've focused my attention on those basic parts.

The next step will be to write some new content based on your suggestions.

Finally I'll be able to complete some missing parts like the Motion Plus (it is almost obvious on how to use it, but I could have a work on it at least).

This should be done in two weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Just wrote a section about Variables.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                About your question: Voice (formerly Index), must be an integer value. It enables you to play polyphonic MIDI Notes using OSC messages. I'll write a blurb on that in the documentation as well.
                Im greatly looking forward to this! I have leaned a way to make chords, but if there is a better way, Id love to know.

Comment

documentation PDF and ... french !!

hello

I would like your documentation downloadable in PDF format !

and why not a translation in.... french for example ! (you are french aren't you !!?)
                  because MIDI is a bit complicated and all in english is not easy to learn and understand configurations

thank you!
                  your site an app is fine and very useful !!

Comment

I second the request for a PDF version - also some documentation on the Scaling page (e.g. In. min/In. max/Cap/Out. min/Out. max) would be welcome - I'm wrestling with it right now actually; see other post...

Comment

I would like some information about the "Enable Combine" Event

Comment

Some examples of how the MIDI events work would be nice. At first I though 'pitch' meant pitchbend in this context. Perhaps 'note' would be better than 'pitch' to avoid any confusion. Still in this context, I'm not sure what 'voice' mean (even after reading you previous comment ;-)...

Comment

Yes, that feature should be documented somehow.
                          The voice parameter enable you to play notes polyphonically.
                          Each note is identified by a voice number.

I think however that the names are appropriate.
                          Pitch and Voice are common terms in MIDI jargon.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will try to document the Voice parameter in a better way.
                          Last edited by camille; 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Your chosen terms are probably the right ones. It's just me who gets confused easily... ;-) A bit of documentation on the MIDI aspects would be nice though.

Comment

i'd like to "third" the request for downloadable documentation. doesn't have to be pdf, could be html. i was just in the situation where i was on a long train ride and working on some programming, but got stuck because i couldn't access the documentation. there are lots of situations like that, the last thing you want is to be on stage somewhere and have a problem just before the show starts, and you can't figure it out because you have no internet connection...

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X